Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dark_Soul

Old October 13th, 2017, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
So the mechanic in this case is to be able to choose either the Knowledge Domain or the Knowledge Devotion feat. Presumably, if the character chooses the feat instead, they don't receive the additional spells, correct?
They don't receive access to the Knowledge domain, its granted power, or any of its spells. They retain access to the additional spells granted outside the domain:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRD
Add the following spells to the cloistered cleric's class spell list: 0—message; 1st—erase, identify, unseen servant; 2nd—fox's cunning; 3rd—illusory script, secret page, tongues (reduced from 4th level); 4th—detect scrying; 6th—analyze dweomer; 7th—sequester; 9th—vision.
They also go back to the standard cleric skill list, but they keep Decipher Script and Speak Language, as well as the 6+Int skill points/level. They lose all knowledge skills as class skills and +1 caster level on divinations, because those are the granted power of the Knowledge domain.

If it's possible to put up a selection box with either the domain or the feat in it, that would probably work well.
Dark_Soul is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Zorikune

Old October 6th, 2017, 06:11 AM
The Shadowcaster is not getting any of the magic levels provided by other prestige classes so cannot gain anymore mysteries nor is it getting any of the arcane class levels for the shadow familiar feat so cannot take familiars like the psuedodragon or the eladrin coure even with the required feats taken.

Example: I have 5 levels in Shadowcaster, 3 levels in Avenger, 2 levels in Noctumancer, and 10 levels in Arcane Trickster. I set the magic levels of Noctumancer to apply for both Avenger and Shadowcaster, and Arcane Trickster I set the 10 magic levels for Shadowcaster, however I'm still stuck with the 5 levels worth of mysteries given just for Shadowcaster, it does increases the amount of spells I get on Avenger though. Same with the Shadow Familiar feat, while I do get the familiar, its only applying the 5 levels of Shadowcaster only and not the 5 levels from there and the 3 levels from Avenger.
Zorikune is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 6th, 2017, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorikune View Post
The Shadowcaster is not getting any of the magic levels provided by other prestige classes so cannot gain anymore mysteries nor is it getting any of the arcane class levels for the shadow familiar feat so cannot take familiars like the psuedodragon or the eladrin coure even with the required feats taken.

Example: I have 5 levels in Shadowcaster, 3 levels in Avenger, 2 levels in Noctumancer, and 10 levels in Arcane Trickster. I set the magic levels of Noctumancer to apply for both Avenger and Shadowcaster, and Arcane Trickster I set the 10 magic levels for Shadowcaster, however I'm still stuck with the 5 levels worth of mysteries given just for Shadowcaster, it does increases the amount of spells I get on Avenger though. Same with the Shadow Familiar feat, while I do get the familiar, its only applying the 5 levels of Shadowcaster only and not the 5 levels from there and the 3 levels from Avenger.
Thanks. I'll look into it.
Sendric is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old October 6th, 2017, 05:18 PM
Hey Sendric, was there an issue with the ToB file I sent you? The prestige classes didn't show up with that update.
Illyahr is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 7th, 2017, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
Hey Sendric, was there an issue with the ToB file I sent you? The prestige classes didn't show up with that update.
No. I realized recently that I forgot to integrate it. I will be doing so soon. I missed a couple of other things too. It's been a hectic few months.
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old October 8th, 2017, 11:06 AM
The samurai (CW) has an alignment requirement of Lawful Good when it should be any lawful.

The samurai's Two Swords as One class ability also needs a doneif statement as the OA variant replaces the ability but the scripting remains active.

Versatile Spellcasting (Races of the Dragon) has a prerequisite of being able to spontaneously cast spells but is programmed to only recognize spontaneous arcane spells.

Last edited by Illyahr; October 8th, 2017 at 12:02 PM.
Illyahr is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 9th, 2017, 03:42 AM
Quote:
The samurai (CW) has an alignment requirement of Lawful Good when it should be any lawful.
Fixed

Quote:
The samurai's Two Swords as One class ability also needs a doneif statement as the OA variant replaces the ability but the scripting remains active.
I'll look into this. We probably don't need both if one is replacing the other.

Quote:
Versatile Spellcasting (Races of the Dragon) has a prerequisite of being able to spontaneously cast spells but is programmed to only recognize spontaneous arcane spells.
Interestingly, there is no Hero.SpontDiv tag, so I'll have to make a foreach loop to handle this.
Sendric is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old October 9th, 2017, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
I'll look into this. We probably don't need both if one is replacing the other.
The basic version has the hero gain TWF when he is equipped with a "katana" (bastard sword) and "wakizashi" (short sword). The OA variant doesn't have this ability so it is disabled. What I mean is that the ability fades out like it's supposed to but the script that checks equipped weapons and activates the TWF feat still runs
Illyahr is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 1st, 2017, 04:07 AM
Quote:
The basic version has the hero gain TWF when he is equipped with a "katana" (bastard sword) and "wakizashi" (short sword). The OA variant doesn't have this ability so it is disabled. What I mean is that the ability fades out like it's supposed to but the script that checks equipped weapons and activates the TWF feat still runs
Looking into this now. Sorry. I misunderstood you initially. This should be a relatively easy fix. That said, I am confused by the wording of this ability and the script used to enact it. The script requires that the katana and wakizashi be magical (or at least masterwork) to function, but the wording of the ability does not. Is there a reason the script is done this way, or can this ability work with mundane versions of the katana and wakizashi, as the wording seems to indicate?

Edit: Nevermind. I see the rule they have to be masterwork.

Last edited by Sendric; November 1st, 2017 at 04:54 AM.
Sendric is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Dresdon

Old October 10th, 2017, 11:06 AM
Just tried to load one of my 3.5 portfolios after the latest updates and got all these errors:

Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

Pick 'sWizFlare' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '124'
Pick 'sWizGhoSou' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '125'
Pick 'sWizLight' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '127'
Pick 'sWizMagHan' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '128'
Pick 'sWizMendin' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '129'
Pick 'sWizMessag' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '130'
Pick 'sWizOpenCl' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '132'
Pick 'sWizPresti' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '134'
Pick 'sWizRayFro' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '135'
Pick 'sWizReaMag' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '136'
Pick 'sWizResist' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '137'
Pick 'sWizFlare' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '125'