Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

nightpanda2810

Old July 4th, 2021, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
I setup my nginx server a couple of months ago (0.7.9) and that extra line wasn't present in the setup instructions. Maybe it was added as part of 0.8.x.

Images should be in a subdirectory of your world directory, by default it is called "realmworksimport".

Can you check the module configuration, from Game Settings -> Configure Settings -> Module Settings -> section called "Realm Works Importer".

Check that "Location of Extracted Assets" is set to worlds/Skaz/realmworksimport
(if your world is called "Skaz")

If you change this in this "Configure Game Settings" window, then you will need to do another import to ensure that all the files are in the correct place.
World name is Skaz'Dhuk. My guess is the apostrophe is messing with it somehow. The folder path in the settings is correct. I assumed in the error message it was just truncated, but maybe not.

Realmworks Template Management
nightpanda2810 is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 5th, 2021, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightpanda2810 View Post
World name is Skaz'Dhuk. My guess is the apostrophe is messing with it somehow. The folder path in the settings is correct. I assumed in the error message it was just truncated, but maybe not.
The module should be using the path in which the world is stored.

When a world is created, a World Title is entered and a Data Path is entered.

The default image location should be set to the "Data Path" with "/realmworksimport" appended to it.

e.g. my test world with a title of "Test RW Import 0.8" is stored in the path "Data/worlds/rw-import-0.8". The module's "Location of Extracted Assets" was automatically set to "worlds/rw-import-0.8/realmworksimport"

Do you have "Skaz'Dhuk" in the Data Path as well as in the World Title?

Update: I tested by creating a realm with both title and data path set to "Skaz'Dhuk" (without the double quotes), and the realmworksimport directory was created correctly. The title and path had the simple single quote mark in it, not a back or forward tick which you can sometimes get in document programs like word.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal

Last edited by Farling; July 5th, 2021 at 12:28 AM.
Farling is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 6th, 2021, 03:06 AM
New version 0.3.15 has a small improvement to place Actors into a sub-folder named after the containing topic. (But with the proviso that if the topic has only one actor AND the name of the actor is the same as the name of the topic, then no sub-folder is created.)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 7th, 2021, 06:26 AM
Version 0.3.16 tries to store the statblock somewhere in the Actor sheet for ALL game systems.

For PF1, many of the other fields in the Actor sheet are extracted (this has been available for a long while).

For all other game systems, the HTML of the statblock will simply be copied into an appropriate Notes or Biography section of the Actor sheet.

Farling

Farling is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Sword_of_Spirit

Old July 9th, 2021, 04:58 AM
First, thank you so much for doing this! Being able to actually get my nicely sorted Realm Works material into a quality VTT so I can actually reveal it to my players and integrate it into our sessions is going to be awesome.

Second, I have a question on best practice. So I'm kind of wandering what people are doing as far as updating materials. Earlier in the thread there was some mention about re-exporting newly updated topics from Realm Works to Foundry, but what if it happens the other way? Let's say that during session we end up making notes on a scene/topic/Foundry-thing. Now, when we update, I'm assuming we lose that if we over-write it. And there is of course no way to have it automatically transfer from Foundry back to Realm Works.

But this does give me an idea. Would there be any way to have the tool tell us when it is going to update data that has been changed in Foundry since the last time the tool updated it? I suppose that would only address part of the issue (there's still needing to know which info you've updated in Foundry but not in Realm Works, so you can update it in Realm Works also--but that would require some sort of database changelog in Foundry), but it would be something.

Anyway, just wanted to get the thoughts out there in case they weren't already, and thanks for the cool tool!
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 9th, 2021, 06:22 AM
Transferring information back from FVTT to RW wouldn't be possible because the UUID identifier required on each individual snippet of information isn't stored within FVTT (and several snippets are merged together to form the journal entry text, so it isn't easy to rebuild snippets from FVTT).

I don't think FVTT keeps a record of when something was last updated, so it would be difficult for my module to know if something is original or modified. It could be a future (difficult) extension for my module to take two import files, try and determine the differences, and then apply only those differences to Foundry VTT - but it would be a very complicated task to do this.

I'd already created an issue in github to suggest this function, but the more I think about it, the more complex it appears. The issue is https://github.com/farling42/fvtt-im...orks/issues/19

Farling

Last edited by Farling; July 9th, 2021 at 06:26 AM.
Farling is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old July 9th, 2021, 04:12 PM
Thought I'd take a peek at the forum after a long period of not bothering and was very excited to see this. Thank you Farling for taking this on and sharing it with the community.

I host my instance of Foundry on The Forge, and my Realm in RW is large. So, it'll be interesting to see how it handles the import.

I'm assuming that there is no roll back and that it would be prudent to create a new World in Foundry to test. Are the scenes, journal entries, etc. foldered in such a way to indicate that they are from RW? Could I just delete a top-level folder if I want to remove all the imported content?

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old July 10th, 2021, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Are the scenes, journal entries, etc. foldered in such a way to indicate that they are from RW? Could I just delete a top-level folder if I want to remove all the imported content?
Yes. They end up in a folder named Realm Works, so can just pull out want you want and then delete the folder.

At least this was true a few versions ago, when I imported my realm and I don't know why Farling should change that.

I host my instance on my own server, but if the importer module is available for Forge installs, I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work just fine.

Find my stuff on

_|_ F i c t i o n a l m a p s . c o m _|_ D r i v e t h r u R P G _|_
Merion is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 12th, 2021, 02:35 AM
Version 0.3.17 tries to calculate HP for PF1 actors better.
It also supports linking to items from "Pathfinder 1e Content" module during actor creation (if they aren't in the basic PF1 system compendiums).

Farling

Last edited by Farling; July 12th, 2021 at 02:43 AM.
Farling is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 12th, 2021, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
I'm assuming that there is no roll back and that it would be prudent to create a new World in Foundry to test. Are the scenes, journal entries, etc. foldered in such a way to indicate that they are from RW? Could I just delete a top-level folder if I want to remove all the imported content?
You are correct, there is no roll back. So definitely create a copy of your world before trying the import.

Yes, you specify the name of the top-level folder into which all entries are imported. For journal entries, each is then put into another sub-folder based on the category of the RW topic.

All the conversion is done within your browser rather than the server. So that is where you would need processing power ;-)

I might also suggest that if you are still using RW for your world management, then you could try importing only a partial RW output rather than the entire realm?

Farling

Last edited by Farling; July 12th, 2021 at 02:44 AM.
Farling is offline   #50 Reply With Quote