Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EnderWolfe

Old August 14th, 2013, 06:47 AM
EDIT: I fingered it out. See reply for answer.

I'm currently demoing the 4th Ed Hero Lab, and I love it so far, except I can not for the life of me figure out how to get my Ranged Basic Attack to key off of my ranged weapon! I noticed that Throwing Hammers were not able to be added under ranged weapons, could that be part of the problem? They are not my main weapon, but even putting them in my off-hand doesn't fix the problem. The D&D CB figures out the math on this fine.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Last edited by EnderWolfe; August 15th, 2013 at 09:59 AM. Reason: I got it.
EnderWolfe is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
EnderWolfe

Old August 15th, 2013, 09:59 AM
In case anyone else is having the same problems, here is how I fixed it.

I opened up the editor, made a new copy of the Melee Weapon entry for the Throwing Hammer, then made a new blank entry in Ranged Weapons and just made them identical then deleted the copy of the Melee Weapon entry, so as not to have duplicates.

Hope this helps someone else!
EnderWolfe is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DMayhew469

Old August 16th, 2013, 05:05 AM
I don't see the problem you are describing. I created a 1st level barbarian/human, gave him a throwing hammer, equipped it in his primary hand and it listed the weapon for both his melee basic and ranged basic attacks. And the ranged basic keys it's damage off of strength instead of dexterity. It also worked when I put it in his off-hand.
DMayhew469 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
EnderWolfe

Old August 16th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMayhew469 View Post
I don't see the problem you are describing. I created a 1st level barbarian/human, gave him a throwing hammer, equipped it in his primary hand and it listed the weapon for both his melee basic and ranged basic attacks. And the ranged basic keys it's damage off of strength instead of dexterity. It also worked when I put it in his off-hand.
I see now that I did not adequately describe the exact problem. I have a +2 Avalanche Craghammer in my main hand, which is a better weapon than my Throwing Hammers. I could not get HL to simultaneously show me my MBA with my craghammer and my RBA with throwing hammers.
EnderWolfe is offline   #4 Reply With Quote