Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Closed Thread

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 23rd, 2014, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianae View Post
tried loading the CB - Mythic Addon and got this error.

Hero lab did also update to 5.2 today did that break things? (I think it was just adding in Shadowrun 5e support)
Pretty sure that is telling me you didn't install the CB first or didn't update to 2.21. You can check by going to Tools->Manage Third Party Updates to make sure CB v2.21 and the CB - Mythic v1.0 are both installed.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; May 23rd, 2014 at 06:03 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #781
JTStorm

Old May 23rd, 2014, 06:04 PM
Hello,

I loaded the Community Bestiary and the Curse of the Crimson Throne files. When I load up Hero Lab I get the error attached.

PFRPG_Curse_of_the_Crimson_Throne_AP.user (line 717) - thing - Duplicate Record Encountered ('rVampSpawn')

What have I done wrong? :-)

Thanks,
Tom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen shot error.jpg (335.0 KB, 2 views)
JTStorm is offline   #782
Dianae

Old May 23rd, 2014, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Pretty sure that is telling me you didn't install the CB first or didn't update to 2.21. You can check by going to Tools->Manage Third Party Updates to make sure CB v2.21 and the CB - Mythic v1.0 are both installed.
Did not update to CB 2.21

Updated to 2.21 and got
Quote:
The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Source 'pPsiUn' - Reference to non-existent parent source 'pDscar'
Had to update Ultimate Psionics to 2.4 manually as well.

For some reason HL updater did not register that an update was available for either of these packages.
Dianae is offline   #783
ShadowChemosh

Old May 23rd, 2014, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTStorm View Post
I loaded the Community Bestiary and the Curse of the Crimson Throne files.
Community Bestiary contains CotCT already so if you also loaded files for CotCT that would be why your getting the error. You will need to remove the CotCT files and reload the CB.

Tools->Manage Third Party Updates will allow you to remove a package or see what files where installed.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #784
koesherbacon

Old May 24th, 2014, 12:54 AM
Hello there! I just noticed an error with Ultimate Psioncs V2.4.

The feat, "Fell Shot", is written incorrectly. Right now, it says the exact same thing as "Psionic Shot", which reads...

Benefit: While you maintain psionic focus, your attacks with a ranged weapon deal an extra 1 point of damage. Additionally, if you expend your psionic focus as part of an attack with a ranged weapon, that attack instead deals an extra 2d6 points of damage. You must decide whether or not to use this feat prior to making an attack. If your attack misses, you still expend your psionic focus.

It should instead read...

To use this feat, you must expend your psionic focus as part of a ranged attack. You can resolve that ranged attack as a ranged touch attack. You must decide whether or not to use this feat prior to making an attack. If your attack misses, you still expend your psionic focus. Abilities that do not work on touch attacks similarly do not work with this feat.

I realize this isn't a huge problem, but just keep it in mind whenever you are going to make a new update. Don't worry about updating the entire package just for this error.

Thanks a lot!
koesherbacon is offline   #785
ShadowChemosh

Old May 24th, 2014, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koesherbacon View Post
Hello there! I just noticed an error with Ultimate Psioncs V2.4.

The feat, "Fell Shot", is written incorrectly. Right now, it says the exact same thing as "Psionic Shot", which reads...

Benefit: While you maintain psionic focus, your attacks with a ranged weapon deal an extra 1 point of damage. Additionally, if you expend your psionic focus as part of an attack with a ranged weapon, that attack instead deals an extra 2d6 points of damage. You must decide whether or not to use this feat prior to making an attack. If your attack misses, you still expend your psionic focus.

It should instead read...

To use this feat, you must expend your psionic focus as part of a ranged attack. You can resolve that ranged attack as a ranged touch attack. You must decide whether or not to use this feat prior to making an attack. If your attack misses, you still expend your psionic focus. Abilities that do not work on touch attacks similarly do not work with this feat.

I realize this isn't a huge problem, but just keep it in mind whenever you are going to make a new update. Don't worry about updating the entire package just for this error.

Thanks a lot!
Thanks for the bug report. This will be fixed in the next release.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #786
KefkaZ

Old June 1st, 2014, 04:46 PM
Not to beat a dead horse, but is Adventure Path 72: The Witch Queen's Revenge in the files? I am seeing parts 1-5 of Reign of Winter but not 6. Am I doing something wrong?
KefkaZ is offline   #787
ShadowChemosh

Old June 1st, 2014, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KefkaZ View Post
Not to beat a dead horse, but is Adventure Path 72: The Witch Queen's Revenge in the files? I am seeing parts 1-5 of Reign of Winter but not 6. Am I doing something wrong?
I backed track this in Dropbox and it looks like I missed a update from Frumple that includes chapter 6. I will do my best to get this out this week.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #788
KefkaZ

Old June 1st, 2014, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I backed track this in Dropbox and it looks like I missed a update from Frumple that includes chapter 6. I will do my best to get this out this week.
Excellent! Thank you!!!
KefkaZ is offline   #789
ShadowChemosh

Old June 8th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Ultimate Psionics v2.6 Combined Bug Report Thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatesvp View Post
  1. Energy Missile: description is wrong (looks like Energy Cone)
  2. Survivor's Path: path powers seem different from that listed on the D20 site.
Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayato Ken
  1. The psionic feat "talented" shows "speed of thought" as prereq instead of "overchannel" which it should be.
  2. Also psychokinesis power "energy missile" has a wrong description. It´s described as a cone, which it isn´t.
  3. Other psychokinesis damage powers lack accurate area descriptions, what is really confusing because you need to look it up.
  4. I just noticed, the cryptic insight list is missing the fast stealth insight.
  5. Cryptic counts only 1d6 enhanced pattern disruption on level 6, but it should be 2d6.
Fixed with the exception of #3. What is meant there? Is it the range calculations? Can you give an example?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh
  1. Some monsters appear to still have "Helper.SpellLike" instead of "Helper.PsiLike".
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewm9 View Post
Most of the Aegis Customizations while present in the data set, are not really functional. Examples include but are not limited to Powerful Build, Improved Damage Reduction, Brawn, & Hardy.

I wasn't sure if these were to be built later or were just missed. I was presuming they were to be built later. Going through the thread I didn't see any mention of it so I thought I woudl bring it up.

While I have adapted without it (even did a little scripting), I am curious. Not to mention for the lfie I can't figure out how to script the 'Improved Damage' customization. LOL. Anyway thanks guys for your hard work on the Ultimate Psionics data files.
Thanks for the bug report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewm9 View Post
On the Ultimate Psionics data set again, the War Mind power selections are broken. My test was an Aegis with a 13 Wisdom. if I do not select Warrior's Journey it will not let me select any powers. If I do select it will only let me choose Aegis. It should by default let me select Psychic Warrior powers without doing anything since he should be considered a 1st level Psychic Warrior for powers unless I grossly misunderstand the Prestige Class and add the points listed per level for the War Mind.
Thanks for the bug report.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Lemur View Post
The feat Speed of Thought (fPUSpdThgt) is not adding a bonus to speed while the hero is psionically focused.

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; July 14th, 2014 at 10:54 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #790
Closed Thread