Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

bumpy703

Old April 9th, 2017, 02:23 PM
Anybody know of a way to clear any validation errors by selecting Oread instead of Dwarf to be Stonelord Paladin? It's typically restricted for dwarves, but my GM is allowing me to be an Oread Stonelord, but as I mentioned, I have a validation error.
bumpy703 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old April 9th, 2017, 02:44 PM
Well here is the thing, if you want to clear the validation error you will have to use the editor and create your own file for this. You may either new copy the arPalStone archetype and remove the expression requirement part of it so your version of StoneLord doesn't check for race or you may copy and remake the Oread into a race that counts as dwarf. Otherwise I don't see a simpler way for you to go about this. I know there is a method via script to tell the archetype to ignore the expression requirement, but currently I am too tired to think of it and besides it still requires you to script something in so the first two options are usually faster to perform.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
bumpy703

Old April 9th, 2017, 05:04 PM
I've run into two problems here:

1) If I try to create a duplicate of the Stonelord, I'm getting a "non-copyable" error since it is part of a supplement. Is there a work around for this save for manually copying the archetype piece by piece in a new game file?

2) I attempted the easier route of creating a custom Oread race to include dwarf in it. The prerequisite for Stonelord is "#hasrace[rDwarf] <> 0"

To my understanding, it's looking for the race to have rDwarf as a unique ID. Am I stuck going with option number 1?
bumpy703 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old April 9th, 2017, 06:55 PM
Validation errors don't stop anything from working. They just notify you "this isn't usually allowed". If your GM is ok with you having the non-standard character, then you can just ignore them.

Some people do find that having the validation errors annoys them, but they're fairly passive and don't prevent people from using house-ruled versions of things.

If you do still want to get rid of the validation error, you are indeed "stuck going with option #1". You may also need to re-create (or perhaps Extend) some of the Special powers of the archetype to make them work with your new copy, which is a new thing (and not the same Stonelord archetype they belong to).

Last edited by Silveras; April 9th, 2017 at 06:57 PM.
Silveras is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old April 10th, 2017, 06:42 AM
You might be able to use the Feat, Pre-Req Valid adjustment and tweak it to work on the archetype instead using something similar to :

perform field[pChosen].chosen.assign[thing.skipprereq]
Minous is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
bumpy703

Old April 10th, 2017, 10:37 AM
I'll give those a try.

Now, I've encountered another issue, in attempting to open the synced file from drop box on a different computer. I'm greeted by a window listing a number of errors (screenshot below), and I notice that my character wealth is back to the starting value of 62,000 despite having spent 60,000 while building my character at home. I'm not sure if anything else has been affected, I'd have to do a side by side comparison.

http://imgur.com/a/3wl6A
bumpy703 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old April 10th, 2017, 10:45 AM
Some of those read like you are trying to open a Portfolio with an outdated copy of the Pathfinder materials. Is that second device up-to-date? And does it have a license? If there's no license, I don't think you will be able to open a portfolio that uses content from licensed materials.
Silveras is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old April 10th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpy703 View Post
I'll give those a try.

Now, I've encountered another issue, in attempting to open the synced file from drop box on a different computer. I'm greeted by a window listing a number of errors (screenshot below), and I notice that my character wealth is back to the starting value of 62,000 despite having spent 60,000 while building my character at home. I'm not sure if anything else has been affected, I'd have to do a side by side comparison.

http://imgur.com/a/3wl6A
Looks like you have inconsistent packages installed on your different computers. I would make sure you have the latest pathfinder package and that you have the latest community pack installed.
Minous is offline   #8 Reply With Quote