Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Parody

Old November 21st, 2015, 10:07 PM
My recommendation would be to unlink the backups folder on all of your machines. I don't think you get enough utility out of them to keep any individual automatic backup for long.

Actually, my recommendation would be to not automatically sync (My) Documents at all. Enough programs nowadays fill it with junk that it no longer serves its original purpose. On this machine, it's a mix of game saves (most of which sync through Steam), log files, and empty folder structures from things like Visual Studio. Oh, and 13 copies of my Realm Works database. :)

If you know you want to have something available in multiple places, then put it where it'll sync. Not everything needs to be available everywhere.

YMMV.

Last edited by Parody; November 21st, 2015 at 10:18 PM.
Parody is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 21st, 2015, 10:41 PM
Ok. My mistake. If you're just moving the backups around, then it's no problem at all. My brain got stuck on attempting to deal with the live database in this way. *THAT* would be all sorts of problem. But not the backups.

Sorry for my confusion.
rob is offline   #12 Reply With Quote