Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Sword_of_Spirit

Old July 19th, 2021, 11:45 PM
One other thing that might be useful is if the import included information on which topics contain and are contained by others. My realm is extensively organized in that manner for physical geography, and I while I know Foundry doesn't (and probably never will) support that style of organization, having the info there makes it a lot easier to adapt.
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 20th, 2021, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit View Post
One other thing that might be useful is if the import included information on which topics contain and are contained by others. My realm is extensively organized in that manner for physical geography, and I while I know Foundry doesn't (and probably never will) support that style of organization, having the info there makes it a lot easier to adapt.
Each journal entry created from a topic will have a "Governed Content" section near the end, this contains the list of child topics from Realm Works.

Unfortunately, at the moment there is no link from a child topic back to its governing topic.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
Sword_of_Spirit

Old July 21st, 2021, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Each journal entry created from a topic will have a "Governed Content" section near the end, this contains the list of child topics from Realm Works.

Unfortunately, at the moment there is no link from a child topic back to its governing topic.
Ah yes, and so it does. I must have forgotten that it's there in one direction, just not the other.
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 21st, 2021, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Ah yes, and so it does. I must have forgotten that it's there in one direction, just not the other.
I have an issue identified (https://github.com/farling42/fvtt-im...orks/issues/32) for going in the other direction, but it isn't so simple because of the way that the file is loaded. Topics are read one-at-a-time from the file, in order to support very large files.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 21st, 2021, 06:43 AM
Quote:
0.3.19 now creates a link to the parent, and puts it at the top of the Journal Entry. You can set the prefix for the link in the module settings.

Also...
Add module configuration setting to set the preferred Actor type when generating Actors from statblocks.

When decoding PF1 Actors, check for presence of "challengerating" element to choose 'npc' Actor type instead of 'character'.

Better fix for HP calculation of PF1 Actors for Actors with multiple types of hit dice.

Create link at start of each Journal Entry to the parent topic. The label for this link is a configurable parameter.

Farling

Farling is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 21st, 2021, 12:56 PM
0.3.20 adds some more linking...

The "Governed Content" will now contain the full hierarchy of descendents rather than only the direct children.

Provide link from Scene Notes journal entry back to the Scene - although clicking on the link will not do anything, since the default behaviour for a @Scene link in Foundry VTT seems to be to open the scene notes associated with that scene (and not switching you to that scene).

Farling

Farling is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
Sword_of_Spirit

Old July 22nd, 2021, 07:56 AM
Cool thanks!

(There's a mod that lets the scenes links in the journal take you back to them, so that part is covered.)

Full hierarchy might not be ideal for all worlds. For instance, one of my top level topics is "The Multiverse" which includes all geographical areas nested underneath it, so if I'm understanding the feature correctly, it will have thousands of governed content links. Maybe it could be a toggleable option?
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 22nd, 2021, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Cool thanks!

(There's a mod that lets the scenes links in the journal take you back to them, so that part is covered.)

Full hierarchy might not be ideal for all worlds. For instance, one of my top level topics is "The Multiverse" which includes all geographical areas nested underneath it, so if I'm understanding the feature correctly, it will have thousands of governed content links. Maybe it could be a toggleable option?
I was considering how to get the content hierarchy to be collapsible, but it appears that raw HTML doesn't allow it and you have to mess around with CSS and possibly JS as well.

The way that the module creates the hierarchy of governed content does lend itself to allowing a maximum depth to be specified - this would allow a top-level journal entry to perhaps be limited to showing 3 levels of descendents rather than the full tree (and setting it to 1 would disable showing anything other than direct children).

Farling

Farling is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 22nd, 2021, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Cool thanks!

0.3.21 adds a configuration parameter in the module settings panel so that you can specify the maximum depth of the governed content added to journal entries.

Farling

Farling is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
Sword_of_Spirit

Old July 23rd, 2021, 03:55 AM
Yeah, that's a better a way of doing it than my idea.
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #70 Reply With Quote