Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Starfinder

Notices

jjashley

Old January 22nd, 2021, 10:51 AM
is it intended that creating this type of NPC is always going to be a Combatant on the Array under the Race "tab". I have made a few and they are always preset to Combatant but can't be removed, you can add either of the other 2 arrays you just can't remove Combatant.
jjashley is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 22nd, 2021, 11:11 AM
Please remember that the basic version of monster creation is only intended to be used to quickly assemble enough information that you can play the monster in a game, and is not intended to let you fully match a statblock. The full monster creation option will allow you to match the full creation rules for Starfinder. In the basic version, you're only setting the final values, not choosing columns or arrays, and having HL calculate the numbers based on the CR, so the choice of an array won't affect anything on a basic monster.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old January 22nd, 2021, 01:46 PM
Thanks Mathias, I figured it might be something like but just wanted to check. I see some NPCs that aren't fleshed out but indicate a class. An example would be Kumara Melacruz from Incident at Absalom Station (LG female human envoy). Not a major issue but just wanted to verify.
jjashley is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 22nd, 2021, 01:56 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you're referring to for that - "LG female human envoy" would be the expert array, envoy class graft, humanoid type graft and human subtype graft, so that should be fine to handle with the full monster creation in HLO.

If your question is specific to this NPC, I'd really appreciate knowing the issue number for that title and the page number you're on - there's so many issues that I can't keep track of what each one is called, and my folder of pdfs for these APs still keeps the default file Ids, so it's not organized for searching that way quickly.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old January 22nd, 2021, 04:13 PM
It isn’t a problem and you have bigger fish to fry. That is just an example of an box that isn’t fleshed out in a module. I have just been making up details as I go. I can give you the information if you really want it but it doesn’t really affect the performance.
jjashley is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 22nd, 2021, 04:32 PM
Oh, you mean this is an NPC where you're not expected to get into combat with them, so the adventure only gives a quick summary - yeah, that's up to the GM to flesh out if they find they need stats for that NPC. For HLO purposes, I'd use Stand-In Player Character for that, if you find you need to put them on the stage, since the stand-in is designed to be even more bare bones than the Basic NPCs (the stand-ins will usually only be a name and an initiative modifier, and if you don't intend to have this NPC in combat, you don't even need the initiative).
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old January 22nd, 2021, 04:56 PM
Correct, only a brief summary, and by brief, it is what I stated up top usually an alignment, sex, and race. I didn't think about the stand-in, thanks Mathias, appreciate you taking the time.
jjashley is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Eguzki

Old February 13th, 2021, 05:09 AM
I have a question that is on a similar topic.

I just got HLO as a DM and I want to quickly import the AP's monster to HLO so that I can use them on the stage. Is there a way to just quickly add in final values for stats without having to build up the npc with graphs and arrays?

Also, when I want to create a NPC like lets say an android envoy, do I set the "Race" field as custom race?

Thank you for your help.
Eguzki is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old February 13th, 2021, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eguzki View Post
I have a question that is on a similar topic.

I just got HLO as a DM and I want to quickly import the AP's monster to HLO so that I can use them on the stage. Is there a way to just quickly add in final values for stats without having to build up the npc with graphs and arrays?

Also, when I want to create a NPC like lets say an android envoy, do I set the "Race" field as custom race?

Thank you for your help.
custom race is how I do it. not sure about the other question.
jjashley is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Eguzki

Old February 14th, 2021, 06:23 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

I have been playing around with it more over the last couple of days and have figured how to recreate the stat blocks in HLO. I wish it was a bit faster and I didn't have to rebuild the monsters.

A nice feature would be to have a form type of window that mirrors the starfinder stat block.

Another suggestion is to be able to target other creatures on the stage with attacks that auto checks armour and removes HP automatically.
Eguzki is offline   #10 Reply With Quote