Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Eilserves

Old October 3rd, 2022, 09:53 AM
I've searched the threads and I see posts about the older, now fixed, bug of Defensive Roll and Vulnerable/Defenseless status, but this is a different issue.

When using Defensive Roll in any power as a tacked on advantage, or under a Variable power-set, or as an "Enhanced Trait" advantage, even with the power turned off, and even though Defensive Roll does _not_ show up under the actual Advantages tab, the bonus is still applying to Toughness.

Example attached.

"Invocation of the Eagle" contains Defensive Roll 2, but the bonus stays active even when this power-set is not active, and even with the actual parent "Variable" power isn't active.
Attached Files
File Type: email Totem.por (20.9 KB, 1 views)
Eilserves is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 4th, 2022, 10:40 AM
In my view, that's a legit bug. There's a link at the top to report bugs, although we don't have a great track record of getting updates. If you want to fix it yourself, add this to the Eval Script early on.

Quote:
~ If we're not active, get out
doneif (activated = 0)
This text is cribbed from the Protection power's script and it works on my machine. I've attached a .user file with the fix (it replaces the current Defensive Roll).
Attached Files
File Type: email Defensive Roll.user (1.6 KB, 2 views)
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Eilserves

Old October 4th, 2022, 07:43 PM
I did raise a bug report after I posted this (couldn't remember the link at the time I posted) but will use this work around for now.

I had tried a similar approach with an override, but I must have had the wrong code because while it never threw a compile error, it didn't work.

There are a lot of other advantages that seem to "linger" as well, but I'll toss the doneif into overrides for them on a case-by-case basis for now.
Thanks Duggan!

Last edited by Eilserves; October 4th, 2022 at 07:44 PM. Reason: typos
Eilserves is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Eilserves

Old October 4th, 2022, 08:04 PM
Apparently Speed likes to linger also, and the character had a "base movement speed" of 64000 mph due to the different forms having speed ranks. Fixed with a carefully placed doneif as well as a relocated
Code:
hero.child[Movement].field[Value].value += field[pwRanks].value
to a bit lower in the script.
Eilserves is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 5th, 2022, 04:28 AM
{nods} And there's probably an argument for "list all of the Advantages a player could have so that it's not missing on the character sheet". I know there's another bug,I think involving Deflect, where you can't even turn it off.
Duggan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote