Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Distrum

Old August 10th, 2017, 12:06 PM
I have read through the thread, none of the advice helps me and I have the same problem. The problem is I cannot find my files in the "Select Story or Mechanics Source" window. Though the entries are clearly available elsewhere under Story or Mechanics.
Distrum is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old August 16th, 2017, 01:51 PM
Distrum maybe describe where the topics are available elsewhere and what you are doing when trying to export?

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old August 16th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Hi Distrum,

Mate have a look at this video. You are misunderstanding some of the process.

The Select Story or Mechanics Source is just for selecting the Source Topic. Source Topics will be included in all content coming out of the content market. It is intended as a starting / introduction point for all content. This is why you can only select a 'Source' topic in this section.

What you need to do is go into the Partial Export options and create a partial export configuration. You do not select the topics to include in the partial export from this window though. Just set it up with a name and any other details and then click ok to get out of that window and go back to Realm Works.

From there you need to apply a tag to each topic you want to export as part of the partial export. Watch the video for how to do bulk tagging. When you get to the select tag window scroll down to the Export section and you will see a new tag with the same name as the partial export you created above. You need to apply that tag to all topics you want to export.

Once you have applied the export tag you go back to the partial export window and run the export. It will include all topics that have that tag.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old August 16th, 2017, 04:51 PM
First thing I am doing, now, that I know the above, is build the mechanics source and then build the partial export config and export. Then I have the export tag and then I can include it by auto applying the export tag on new items. That way I don't have to manually apply to content already in place. Speeds up work quite a bit.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old August 16th, 2017, 04:53 PM
It's really easy and efficient to bulk tag post creation. Have a look at this video so you understand how to create a view containing just the topics you wish to export and then you can use the bulk tagging feature to apply the tag.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old August 16th, 2017, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
It's really easy and efficient to bulk tag post creation. Have a look at this video so you understand how to create a view containing just the topics you wish to export and then you can use the bulk tagging feature to apply the tag.
Yeah. watched that a while back and my first and last attempt at bulk tagging resulted in everything being tagged. Haven't used it since, so took the approach above.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
ThatManOmega

Old April 27th, 2020, 09:56 AM
Ive been banging my head against the wall trying to figure this out. I have followed the instructions to a T and still nothing. I get this report when trying to import content.

The following errors were encountered during import:

Encountered validation error for the import XML: The 'format_version' attribute is invalid - The value '4' is invalid according to its datatype 'urn:lonewolfdevel.com:realm-works-export:version_type' - The MaxInclusive constraint failed.

The following considerations arose during import...

Adding tag Savage Tide to domain Import

Category 'Races' renamed to 'Races01' due to duplicate name
Category 'Classes' renamed to 'Classes01' due to duplicate name

I dont know what else to do. It is time I dont have to redo everything again. Any assistance would be appreciated.
ThatManOmega is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old April 27th, 2020, 02:55 PM
That's the bug build 255 is supposed to fix. You might want to try getting it.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote