Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Terronus.2.0

Old August 17th, 2013, 01:51 PM
So I just got the new data set for Mythic Adventures after using the user-generated playtest (many thanks for putting that out there to all involved!) and am having a few problems getting used to it.

I haven't gotten my copy of the actual book yet, but am trying to still make the most of it on HeroLab, here are some of the issues I'm facing:

-When I add class levels to an already mythic monster, I can't figure out how to add a mythic path. Is this even doable?
-When I add hit dice to a mythic monster, can I scale their mythic rank to add things like bonus mythic feats? If I can, I haven't figured out how.
-Are there any adjustments that can be used instead? The Mythic Playtest allowed adding additional mythic power, for example, but I haven't seen anything for the official release. However, I'm not too savvy with these kinds of things.

Thanks to any and all who can help!
Terronus.2.0 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 19th, 2013, 07:39 AM
1 - No, it is not doable. Mythic Tiers (for class levels, where you pick a path), and Mythic Ranks (which are what mythic monsters have, and are unrestricted as far as what path abilities you can choose) are incompatible according to the rules. If a creature with a mythic tier becomes a mythic monster (for example, by acquiring the Mythic Vampire template), they lose the tiers and gain the ranks.

2 & 3 - There is no listed relationship between HD and Mythic Rank. Instead there is a general case that Mythic versions of the monsters have a rank about 1/2 of their non-mythic CR. Adding HD therefore doesn't increase rank. You're suggestion to have an adjustment to do that is probably the best solution, so I'll try and get that in for the next release if possible.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Terronus.2.0

Old August 19th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Thank you for the info! I'll certainly eagerly use any help I can in using the new files.
Terronus.2.0 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
atomicb

Old August 19th, 2013, 10:26 AM
I posted this to the general mythic thread, but this seems like a far better place for it -

I see all of the mythic simple templates for advancing monsters (agile, savage, etc), but can't figure out how to add mythic ranks myself (along with the mythic subtype properties). Is this something we can do? I hope so! Thanks for any help.
atomicb is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
The Spider

Send a message via Skype™ to The Spider

Old October 2nd, 2013, 04:26 PM
bump. Is there an answer to this?
How do I take an existing monster and then advance it to become mythic? Is it possible, yet?

Edit: to clarify, I'm not talking about applying a mythic template. I'm talking about adding the mythic subtype to create a new mythic version of an existing, non-mythic monster.

Edit 2: seem to have found the answer in the Mythic Adventures thread. And that answer seems to be, for some reason, a custom mythic simple template by ShadowChemosh, which then allows you to advance it. Really? That's the solution atm?

Last edited by The Spider; October 2nd, 2013 at 04:42 PM.
The Spider is offline   #5 Reply With Quote