Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

will9k

Old February 26th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Can someone check my caculations on this? I don't want to report it as a bug unless it is in fact a bug and not my own error.

Start with a 10th level fighter. CR9
Add the Skeletal Champion template. CR16.

That seems like a huge error.

If you take a 10th level fighter and add the Skeleton template, it pops out as CR5. This seems to be correct from the rules (Pathfinder Bestiary pg 250)

The rule for Skeletal C hampion (Pathfinder Bestiary pg 252) states that "A skeletal champion's CR is +1 higher than a normal skeleton with the same HD."

I think that the 10th level fighter with the Skeletal Champion template should then be CR 6, not 16.

This was done using V 6.13
will9k is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
lowew79

Old January 17th, 2013, 03:42 PM
This is an issue still. Either the bestiary is wrong or Hero Lab is. The Bestiary uses a human warrior 1 as the base creature. It comes out in the book with a CR2. Using the very same base creature, Hero Lab says it is only a CR 1.
Please help me understand the descrepancy.

Additionally when I try to make a regular skeleton, it says that a creature with class levels can't use the template, that doesn't seem right either. Perhaps I've just confused myself, please help.
lowew79 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 18th, 2013, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowew79 View Post
Additionally when I try to make a regular skeleton, it says that a creature with class levels can't use the template, that doesn't seem right either. Perhaps I've just confused myself, please help.
This is correct. The Skeleton template drops all class levels. Since HL can't do that automatically, its requiring you to remove them first.

As for the difference in CR, I would post it as a bug. Worst thing that happens is LW takes a look at it, and determines its not a bug. I did that once, and they haven't booted me off the boards, so I think you'll be safe.
Sendric is offline   #3 Reply With Quote