Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Dark_Soul

Old March 29th, 2016, 10:25 PM
Finally got some time to work on this. I like how you handled your half-fey templates, but I didn't think it would work for the Fey'ri because they choose multiple abilities from their list of racial abilities. Fey'ri A might have Dimension Door, Charm Person, Darkness, and fire resistance, while Fey'ri B might have damage reduction, fire resistance, clairaudience and a bonus on saves vs. poison. Trying to bootstrap each combination like you did would have resulted in a LOT of data entry.

What I ended up doing was creating four races of Fey'ri. One without any of the three LA-increasing abilities (dimension door, enervation, damage reduction), and three more with one of each of those abilities.

I created feats for all of the common abilities, and granted each race the appropriate number of bonus feats; four for the "base" +2 LA fey'ri and three for each of the +3 LA. I put an entry in the race description on the selection screen noting that these bonus feats have to be spent on the racial abilities. I'm not very happy with how this worked out, though.

All things considered the race is usable now. I'm going to work on the racial abilities and see if I can streamline the selection process a bit, but I'm happy to share what I've worked up so far.
Dark_Soul is offline   #471 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 11th, 2016, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Soul View Post
All things considered the race is usable now. I'm going to work on the racial abilities and see if I can streamline the selection process a bit, but I'm happy to share what I've worked up so far.
Anything you want to share, you can just email to me (sendric [at] gmail [dot] com)
Sendric is offline   #472 Reply With Quote
loftybloke

Old April 16th, 2016, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loftybloke View Post
Whilst i'm fine tuning my cleric, is there somewhere on hero lab to represent the frost damage (+1d6) from an enchanted weapon? I know iots based on a command weord, but i cant find anywhere to 'turn this on'

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
This does not yet exist in d20 but it's on my list of things to add. So sometime in the future this will be added.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
This is a bug in the community set. I will fix it for the next release which will hopefully be soon. For now, I recommend using an adjustment to increase your total feats by one.

Note: There appears to a number of Spell Compendium domains missing their specials. If I have the time, I will try to fix this.
Hey Guys, thanks for all the constant work on this, and the new additions look great. Any Idea if the above will get looked at soon please?

Thanks a bunch

Last edited by loftybloke; April 16th, 2016 at 07:46 AM.
loftybloke is offline   #473 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 16th, 2016, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loftybloke View Post
Hey Guys, thanks for all the constant work on this, and the new additions look great. Any Idea if the above will get looked at soon please?

Thanks a bunch
The ability to add "extra" damage to like flaming, frost, etc. is getting closer to the top of the to-do list. So "soon"....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #474 Reply With Quote
loftybloke

Old April 16th, 2016, 07:54 AM
Thanks man
loftybloke is offline   #475 Reply With Quote
DwarvenWiz

Old April 16th, 2016, 10:47 AM
I think this is the right place for this, but I apologize if I'm wrong. The Ruathar PrC has incorrect magic level progression. It only provides one level of existing spellcaster for the entire three level PrC progression when it should add an existing spellcaster level at each of the three PrC levels. Thanks for all the amazing work.
DwarvenWiz is offline   #476 Reply With Quote
Dark_Soul

Old April 16th, 2016, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarvenWiz View Post
I think this is the right place for this, but I apologize if I'm wrong. The Ruathar PrC has incorrect magic level progression. It only provides one level of existing spellcaster for the entire three level PrC progression when it should add an existing spellcaster level at each of the three PrC levels. Thanks for all the amazing work.
Here's your fix:
  1. Open the Editor, then File > Open Data File.
  2. Make sure you're in HeroLab/Data/d20, and scroll down to the 3.5 - Races of the Wild.user file and open it.
  3. Click on the "Class" tab at the top, and a second Class tab will appear, already selected, right under it. You should see Ruathar on the left side. Click on Ruathar to highlight it, then scroll all the way down in the "Required Information" section in the center.
  4. You should see an "Extra Magic/Power Levels" line with an edit button, and a 'x3' beside it.
  5. Click the edit button, and a new window will pop up with "Row 0: 1, Row 1: 1, Row 2: 1". Change the Row 1 value to 2, and Row 2 to 3.
  6. Click Save at the bottom left, then Test Now at the top left.
Dark_Soul is offline   #477 Reply With Quote
DwarvenWiz

Old April 16th, 2016, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Soul View Post
Here's your fix:
  1. Open the Editor, then File > Open Data File.
  2. Make sure you're in HeroLab/Data/d20, and scroll down to the 3.5 - Races of the Wild.user file and open it.
  3. Click on the "Class" tab at the top, and a second Class tab will appear, already selected, right under it. You should see Ruathar on the left side. Click on Ruathar to highlight it, then scroll all the way down in the "Required Information" section in the center.
  4. You should see an "Extra Magic/Power Levels" line with an edit button, and a 'x3' beside it.
  5. Click the edit button, and a new window will pop up with "Row 0: 1, Row 1: 1, Row 2: 1". Change the Row 1 value to 2, and Row 2 to 3.
  6. Click Save at the bottom left, then Test Now at the top left.
Worked great. Thanks!
DwarvenWiz is offline   #478 Reply With Quote
BloodyMutt

Old April 17th, 2016, 12:07 AM
Coming back to an older comp that I had had this working on, and now for the life of me I don't see any of the books or such. But I am getting:
Quote:
File: 3.5 - Dungeon Master Guide.user (line 3) - Thing - Duplicate Record encountered ('gSasPoison')
File: 3.5 - Dungeon Master Guide.user (line 17) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('gMalPoison')
More on line 31, 45, 60, 74, 88, and more. I am not sure where to go and check what is going on in the files themselves.

Nevermind on the "not sure where to look". Through the editor it looks like Dungeon Master Guide.user and Dungeon Master Guide1.user are the same bits and bobs which is causing the conflict. - Further nevermind. It appears for some reason that older files weren't getting replaced as they should, likely because it hadn't been updated in so long and the file names changed? All I can think of.

Last edited by BloodyMutt; April 17th, 2016 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Possible Solution
BloodyMutt is offline   #479 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old April 17th, 2016, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyMutt View Post
Through the editor it looks like Dungeon Master Guide.user and Dungeon Master Guide1.user are the same bits and bobs which is causing the conflict.
I had this happen quite a while back. The "3.5 - Dungeon master Guide.user" file should be deleted, it was meant to be removed/replaced by an earlier update. The "DMG 1" file stays.
Dami is offline   #480 Reply With Quote