Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

fcneko

Old September 4th, 2018, 06:02 AM
Hello again,

I noticed this weekend that, while you transfer an item from a PC to another, it appears as a red "Custom Item" in the receiver's inventory, which typically means I have to delete the item from the PC and "recreate" the item through the item creation menu in their inventory. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
fcneko is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old September 4th, 2018, 04:44 PM
I'm not sure why that happens, but it goes away if you just put the item in a container (dropping it to the ground and picking it up works).

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aldaron

Old September 7th, 2018, 06:45 PM
If it can be equipped, you can equip it and unequip it and the problem should disappear, as well.
Aldaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 8th, 2018, 11:25 AM
PLEASE PLEASE report this to LW using the bug support site. I would almost guarantee that LW has no idea such a bug exists and based on the comments it has been around for awhile.

This also means each person that commented in this thread should report the issue.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 8th, 2018, 02:11 PM
I'm afraid this is a known issue - transferring gear from character to character does not trigger a recalculation on the character who received the gear, and until that recalculation happens, some of the information is incorrect - it doesn't make use of all the settings on the item (I'm not sure about the details of what it does and doesn't get to). Changing any field's value or adding a new pick will trigger a recalculation, as will choosing "trigger full evaluation" in the Develop menu. clarlieluce and Aldaron have given examples of changes that don't really change much else on the character, but still trigger a recalculation.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote