Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

craghammer

Old April 18th, 2017, 11:07 AM
Getting a lot of errors with this tool, but did manage to get it working on occasion. I do see that when I generate a rwexport file, sometimes the XML structure get's jumbled (</export> tag appears after a <topic> tag). And then I get the same as ErinRigh.
Keep up the good work, this tool IS awesome, if it works
craghammer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 18th, 2017, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by craghammer View Post
Getting a lot of errors with this tool, but did manage to get it working on occasion. I do see that when I generate a rwexport file, sometimes the XML structure get's jumbled (</export> tag appears after a <topic> tag). And then I get the same as ErinRigh.
Keep up the good work, this tool IS awesome, if it works
Hi Craghammer, is it possible for you to send me a copy of the rwexport file and/or some lines from the original CSV and the rwstructure file?

I want to track down how the tags are getting out of step, since I didn't think it would be possible.
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
craghammer

Old April 19th, 2017, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Hi Craghammer, is it possible for you to send me a copy of the rwexport file and/or some lines from the original CSV and the rwstructure file?

I want to track down how the tags are getting out of step, since I didn't think it would be possible.
Hi Farling, looking into the CSV file, I've noticed it has a lot of special characters in the text, and that is probably messing up the import. Working through it and it looks better and better when importing.

Is it possible/easy/hackable, to add all imported items to a containing article? In my case, importing a few hundred items/articles, it would help having them in a container.
craghammer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 19th, 2017, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Is it possible/easy/hackable, to add all imported items to a containing article? In my case, importing a few hundred items/articles, it would help having them in a container.
I could add it to the TODO list.

I already know the format of the XML file that would do this.

The difficult bit is designing how to present this to a non-technical user in a friendly manner. :-)
Farling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 20th, 2017, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Hi Farling, looking into the CSV file, I've noticed it has a lot of special characters in the text, and that is probably messing up the import. Working through it and it looks better and better when importing.
Are you still having issues with the special characters?

I would be interested in seeing just those lines from the CSV line (As well as the header line), so I can see why the tool isn't converting those characters properly.

Or maybe it is that Qt uses UTF-8 as the default character set, whereas Realm Works might expect only ASCII (bottom 7-bits)?
Farling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 20th, 2017, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Or maybe it is that Qt uses UTF-8 as the default character set, whereas Realm Works might expect only ASCII (bottom 7-bits)?
Realm Works expects UTF-8.
davidp is offline   #6 Reply With Quote