Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TonganJedi

Old February 12th, 2016, 02:17 PM
I completed building the Paladin class's Oath of Vengeance. I believe I've structured the ability properly. Editor tests show no errors, but when I add the oath to a character, I get an error message stating the Channel Divinity: Vow of Enmity ability does not have a level assigned with a CISpecWhen tag.

Problem is, it does.

It even shows in the character's sheet as a level 3 ability (but it's grayed out). The other Channel Divinity ability does not produce an error.

So either I'm missing something or there's a weird bug going on.

Any thoughts?
TonganJedi is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Irondrake

Old February 12th, 2016, 08:17 PM
That's odd, I'll have to look at my copy and see what it looks like, but your picture isn't showing up.
Irondrake is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TonganJedi

Old February 13th, 2016, 08:13 AM
The image was a screenshot of the Oath of Vengeance > Parent Class Modifications > Class Special Abilities bootstraps. The tag is clearly there.

It's pretty annoying too. Every change I make to the character gives me the prompt. I just wish I knew what I was missing.
TonganJedi is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 13th, 2016, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonganJedi View Post
The image was a screenshot of the Oath of Vengeance > Parent Class Modifications > Class Special Abilities bootstraps. The tag is clearly there.

It's pretty annoying too. Every change I make to the character gives me the prompt. I just wish I knew what I was missing.
I am happy to help out but its really hard to diagnose with so little information. I would suggest posting the .user file or if you don't want everyone to have access to it email me directly. My email is my forum user id at yahoo dot com.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TonganJedi

Old February 13th, 2016, 08:33 AM
So I think I figured out what the issue was. There was a top-level bootstrap on the Soul of Vengeance ability that was linking it to the Vow of Enmity. I removed it and that appears to have resolved the error.
TonganJedi is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old February 13th, 2016, 03:33 PM
What it sounds to me like, is that you have not assigned a level to the subclass at to define when you get the ability.

On the Class tab in the editor, this would be under Class Special Abilities. Just set the level at which you gain the ability.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote