Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Irondrake

Old February 10th, 2016, 06:00 PM
I have an ability that adds flight for a certain amount of time to a character. I have a pick for the ability and I have it so it can change the character's speed, however this is ground speed I'm pretty sure. What's the best way to add flight while an ability is active and change the Flight speed for a character to a certain amount?
Irondrake is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 10th, 2016, 09:22 PM
Give it an activation ("Activation Information" in the editor, check the first box), and if the abilActive field is active, apply a Value tag to the xFly pick.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Irondrake

Old February 11th, 2016, 05:21 PM
Here's what I have. It compiles fine (no errors), and it's based off the code for adjust speed, however it doesn't seem to add anything..

doneif (tagis[Helper.Disable] <> 0)
doneif (field[abilActive].value = 0)
hero.child[xFly].field[Bonus].value = 60
Irondrake is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 11th, 2016, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irondrake View Post
Here's what I have. It compiles fine (no errors), and it's based off the code for adjust speed, however it doesn't seem to add anything..

hero.child[xFly].field[Bonus].value = 60
Thanks for putting out what you are trying and telling us what is happening. That is an important bit of information not everyone does.

First, when you post code, you should post what phase and priority you are running it at. Second, the Bonus field isn't the right field for this. Try adding to abValue field instead. Third, be careful with setting things = to a static number. It overwrites anything which comes before, so if something else would give a higher value it will be lowered to 60. It's almost always better to add to a field value, or to do a maximum so that the highest value is preserved.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Irondrake

Old February 11th, 2016, 06:33 PM
Ok perfect, I'm making progress! This is set to the "Post-Attributes" phase (Priority 100). I've changed the code to this:

hero.child[xFly].field[abValue].value += 60

Now I am showing Flight (60 feet) in my specials. Is there any way to get this to show Speed: 30 / Flight (60 feet) under the Basics portion of the In Game? If not, that's ok, because it's showing correctly in Specials when the ability is activated.
Irondrake is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Irondrake

Old February 11th, 2016, 06:47 PM
Double posted, sorry
Irondrake is offline   #6 Reply With Quote