Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

GunbunnyFuFu

Old November 29th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Greetings!

I've got data in one realm that I'd also like to put into another realm. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

GB
GunbunnyFuFu is offline   #1
AEIOU

Old November 29th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Very good question. At some point, I will want to recycle much of what I've entered. The names and personalities will be changed to protect the guilty, but the stats will live on in a new body.

I presume this will be part of the sharing of content to be added in after release.
AEIOU is offline   #2
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 30th, 2013, 03:24 AM
@AEIOU nailed it. Basically, you'll ultimately be able to "share" material with yourself, replicating it across separate realms. That will come online around the time we get sharing working in general, which is going to be early 2014.
rob is offline   #3
taxboy

Old December 23rd, 2013, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
@AEIOU nailed it. Basically, you'll ultimately be able to "share" material with yourself, replicating it across separate realms. That will come online around the time we get sharing working in general, which is going to be early 2014.
HI there - so this means i will be able to share content of my campaign with my freinds as well, save them re entering data from the world I have created?

Cheers

Barry
taxboy is offline   #4
Knightblde

Old December 24th, 2013, 02:14 AM
Taxboy, that is one of the main goals of Realm Works as I understand it.
Knightblde is offline   #5
taxboy

Old December 24th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightblde View Post
Taxboy, that is one of the main goals of Realm Works as I understand it.
That will be sweet!
taxboy is offline   #6
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 24th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Realm Works does not currently allow the sharing of content between accounts. You can freely move your content between computers, but it's YOUR content only and tied exclusively to your account.

The primary objective of the Realm Works cloud is to facilitate the sharing of content. There are still a number of implementation stages remaining in our cloud evolution plan before we have that in place, but we're steadily working towards that goal and everything has been designed with that objective in mind.

The basic concept of sharing will take a number of forms, including the following:
* You can re-use the same material across multiple realms without having to re-enter it.
* You can share material with other users.
* You can sell material you've created.
* You can purchase material others have created.
* You can purchase pre-made material from major publishers. We already have licenses in place with a lot of big names (see the website for details).

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #7
taxboy

Old December 24th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Realm Works does not currently allow the sharing of content between accounts. You can freely move your content between computers, but it's YOUR content only and tied exclusively to your account.

The primary objective of the Realm Works cloud is to facilitate the sharing of content. There are still a number of implementation stages remaining in our cloud evolution plan before we have that in place, but we're steadily working towards that goal and everything has been designed with that objective in mind.

The basic concept of sharing will take a number of forms, including the following:
* You can re-use the same material across multiple realms without having to re-enter it.
* You can share material with other users.
* You can sell material you've created.
* You can purchase material others have created.
* You can purchase pre-made material from major publishers. We already have licenses in place with a lot of big names (see the website for details).

Hope this helps!
Perfect, thanks, then it is simply a matter of time and implementation?
taxboy is offline   #8