Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

wildfire142

Old August 20th, 2013, 11:36 PM
To see if i could replicate the problem while at home I was just turning off the adapter and trying to start Realm Works.

will try with the active adapter and no net and see what happens.
wildfire142 is offline   #11
wildfire142

Old August 20th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Just tried to start the program with the adapter disabled and with the adapter enabled but not connected to the internet and no joy, same error as before and as shown in the thumbnail attached up thread.
wildfire142 is offline   #12
Dakadin

Old August 21st, 2013, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the information wildfire142.

Rob, in case it helps I have a new laptop that had the wireless adapter go out so I am using a USB wireless adapter when I connect. It worked when I had the adapter connected but did't when I removed it.

I will see if I can pin point the cause.
Dakadin is offline   #13
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 21st, 2013, 09:23 AM
That last bit of info is the missing piece that explains what's going wrong. The device containing the MAC address is coming and going. The net result is that the "machine identity" we generate based on various pieces of generally unique hardware is changing. When that "machine identity" changes, RW thinks you're on a new computer that hasn't yet communicated with the server.

We NEED to detect machine changes and handle it safely to guarantee everything you do on the client will never collide with something done on a different computer, since both computers can ultimately be synced to the server. So you've just confirmed my worst fears. This is going to be a major problem to handle.
rob is offline   #14
Dakadin

Old August 21st, 2013, 09:47 AM
Sorry to hear that. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you with getting this resolved.
Dakadin is offline   #15
wildfire142

Old August 25th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Looks like update 127 has either fixed or got round the problem, will test it out some more when I game today.

Good work Lone Wolf
wildfire142 is offline   #16
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 25th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Huzzah! That was a nasty problem for which David came up with a very elegant solution. I'm glad we got it fixed!
rob is offline   #17
Dakadin

Old August 25th, 2013, 12:41 AM
That fixed it for me also. Great job!
Dakadin is offline   #18
kate

Old September 12th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Just had this problem last night: laptop with active wireless adapter, no network connection, no hardware changes since I used Realm Works last night.

Any idea why the fix didn't stick?
kate is offline   #19
Dakadin

Old September 13th, 2013, 09:12 PM
I am having trouble with it also. I did connect connect with the ethernet port today and now when connecting using wireless it is giving me the error again.
Dakadin is offline   #20