Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Joseph Bender

Old May 12th, 2014, 12:30 PM
I would like to put together a campaign using Pathfinder in hero lab but in a more historical medieval low magic setting, I want to change the languages to things like French, Spanish, Arabic, English etc., remove some of the magic items and add some of my own magic items change the racial bonuses to the different human races.

I've made several attempts at this but it does not seem like it's a very easy thing to do, so I would mind hiring someone to reformat a version of Pathfinder in your lab that would allow me to make these changes.

If anyone's interested e-mail me jbender@waterevent.com
I tried to copy the Pathfinder file but it emptied everything out and looks like I have to build it up from ground zero I'm more interested in changing things then rebuilding the whole program.
Joseph Bender is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 12th, 2014, 01:43 PM
Have you attempted defining a campaign source and setting up precludes on the items you wish to hide?

As for the languages, you could make New (Copy) versions of the races and add the new languages in place of the old ones. It is a little time consuming but I've found it works for my custom games.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Portilis

Old May 13th, 2014, 11:08 AM
New languages are one of the easiest things you can do in the editor, probably a good place to start. The other items aren't too bad to sort out either - removing items is quite simple and the addition of races and new items shouldn't prove too hard, especially using the forum for help.

This does however rely on you being comfortable learning how to use the editor do a a bit of simple scripting.

If you really aren't comfortable with it (or don't want to), feel free to give me a poke with details of what you're after on email - my username, at gmail. I've done something very similar for my wife's game, which is set around 200 AD.

I can definitely understand that the editor can appear quite intimidating to someone who isn't a developer or techie, but I would definitely recommend learning it if you have the time, as it expands what you can do with the software considerably if you like using your own worlds and house rules.
Portilis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote