Code:
      	if (field[abilActive].value <> 0) then
		if (hero.childlives[hinBloodth] = 0) then
        		perform #traitadjust[trCharisma,-,4,"Bloodscent"]
		else
		perform #traitadjust[trParry,-,1,"Bloodscent"]
		endif
	endif
The problem is, technically Bloodthirsty can be taken stand-alone. So assume a character already has that. So now they take this new Hindrance which is affected by Bloodthirsty.
Code:
	if (hero.childlives[hinBloodth] = 0) then
        perform #traitadjust[trCharisma,-,4,"Bloodscent"]
	else
	perform #traitadjust[trParry,-,1,"Bloodscent"]
	endif
Now the problem with second script is it sees the Bloodthirtsy and then applies Parry adjustment. Really what should happen is this second Hindrance should look to see if Bloodthirsty is 'Active' then apply the modifier to Parry. Is that possible?

If not, I guess I can just add an 'Active' state for the second Hindrance as well.
Gumbytie is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Gumbytie

Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:58 AM
Um another thought. Is it possible for one Hindrance/Edge to actually turn on the 'Activation' option of another?
Gumbytie is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:03 PM
Not sure I can help much on that one, but it seems to me that you'd have to check the "field[abilActive].value <> 0" for hinBloodth, where it would normally check on the current thing, so I would guess you might need to play around with using a pick to do it. You know like those foreach loops you might use to find a specific Knowledge skill but in this case you run through hinBloodth to see if it's set Active (I'm not sure how yo uwould do it exactly, though) and then just set some variable where in your eval script if that variable is set to what you want it to be then you would perform the traitadjust stuff.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Gumbytie

Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:04 PM
Thought if I posted the actual Hindrance might help to explain what I am trying to achieve.

Quote:
Werewolves are less likely to give quarter. This causes a -4 Charisma penalty among more civilized types. The character gains the the Bloodthirsty Hindrance. If they already have Bloodthirsty, they become reckless, suffering a -1 Parry.
That Hindrance above is tied to a Faction, which doesn't allow the ActiveAbility option. Essentially I have a Human, then turns into Werewolf and selects that 'faction' - Werewolf Form and all the Edges, Hindrances, and Abilities now get applied.
Gumbytie is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old May 23rd, 2013, 01:13 PM
So you don't really need to see if Bloodthristy is active at all, you only needed to check if they already had the Bloodthirsty hindrance to apply the -1 Parry, if I read that right. In which case I would suggest you go with two versions of the Hindrance, one that has a Pick-Req of Bloodthirsty and the other.... well you'd want to exclude it if Bloodthirsty was already taken, but since you're going to Bootstrap it with that version it would give an error. I suppose you could just not trap for it but just be clear about in the Hindrance description.

So you'd just need to take the correct version of the Hindrance, is all.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Gumbytie

Old May 23rd, 2013, 01:58 PM
It would be nice if I could Validate existence of Hindrance and then use that determination to Bootstrap. I just not sure if that is possible. Say something like:

Code:
<validate>
if (hero.tagis[Hindrance.hinBloodth] <> 0) then
perform hero.assign[Hero.hinGLust1]
else
perform hero.assign[Hero.hinGLust2]
endif
</validate>
hinGLust1 does the -1 Parry
hinGLust2 essentially does nothing, it functions just as Bloodthirsty. Just the container to bring it in as is.

I will keep messing around with it here and there. I guess I am just not sure if it is even doable and I just haven't found the right approach or it isn't possible and work around it
Gumbytie is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:13 PM
Oh I WISH, but at least for now there is no way to do a conditional Bootstrap. The closest I've seen is by using that Faction tag to bootstrap a Faction or Group that Bootstrapped what you wanted. Outside of that, yeah, it's two Hindrances to cover both conditions would be the way I would do it. (BTW, 2 doesn't do nothing, it would Bootstrap Bloodthirsty since that's what the description says. If you just did the effect of Bloodthirsty then you'd still be able to take it as a hindrance and then you'd be doubling the fun.. and confusion. Oh, and presumably you'd want both of those hindrances to preclude each other, or at least for 2 to preclude taking 1.)

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Gumbytie

Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:23 PM
Heh, overload of Hindrances...to timey-wimey for me.

So for now I think I will just add an activation to the Bloodlust Hindrance. It pulls in Bloodscent just fine. Bloodthirsty has its own Activation for Charisma modifier.

The Activation on the Bloodscent will be the Reckless option, in case you already have Bloodthirsty and applies the -1 Parry.

Question, it is fine and all showing up on the Activation Abilities as Bloodscent, but is it possible to override that name and replace it with Reckless? So the player can 'see' they should be clicking it. Or at least append the name to read: Bloodscent (Reckless)?

Just a thought.
Gumbytie is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:44 PM
I'm not by my computer where I have Hero Lab right now so I don't remember if there is some kind of "display name" setting somewhere, but you could try using "livename" like you do for things like "Natural Weapon", but I don't know if that will change all instances of the name or not.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 9th, 2013, 08:40 AM
What's the uniqueness setting of Bloodthirsty? Is it "Unique", "Add Once", or "No"? If it's unique, then you can just bootstrap it all the time. Even if the user has added the same ability, Hero Lab will note that it's unique, and then note that there's more than one copy, and it will merge the two copies. If not, can it be changed to "Unique"?
Mathias is offline   #10 Reply With Quote