Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Closed Thread

Farling

Old February 1st, 2015, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikmal View Post
Shadow,
The hotfix, when I click on it just appears as a bunch of gibberish (as a web page to me and not as an actual file) to me. Also when I go in to the editor to locate the file 'pProtEnerg' manually.. I am not able to find it.

Not sure what to do at this point as I need my Hero Lab today. Is there anything I can do? Thank you!!
Right-click on the link in the topic, and select "Save" or "Save as" or "DOwnload". Then from your normal windows explorer click on the downloaded file.
Farling is online now   #11
Lunarius

Old February 1st, 2015, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
If Hero Lab is crashing that is beyond anything I can help with as that is different than the Pathfinder game system. The above installs a "single" user file is all. I can't see how it would have any affect on the Hero Lab software itself.

Your first step is to send in the crash report information to LW support.

You could try and install the old CB files again if you wish. The file is located HERE.

The hot fix over writes a single file "PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user" with a new version that removes the "Protection From Energy" adjustment. So if installing 2.25 allows HL to start again then you can open the file "PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user" using the Editor and delete the "Protection From Energy" adjustment manually.

If that works then we have a major issue as the new version I will be releasing Sunday will have the modified version of "PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user" and it has NO reason that I know for causing HL to crash.
I don't know either way and I wish I could provide more information, but all I know is:

When I run the Community Bestiary Pack as provided by the Updates panel in Hero Lab, I get the 'Duplicate record encountered' error. When I shut down Hero Lab and apply the Hot Fix, Hero Lab will load normally until I try to open the Pathfinder Module or a Pathfinder character sheet, at which point it crashes.

I'll submit that to LW support now; thank you for the reminder!
Lunarius is offline   #12
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 1st, 2015, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by david o View Post
Had the issue on my iPad version which had an error message "File: PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user (line 693) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pProtEnerg')". Cannot run the hot fix without having herolab open, and when I do try, I get a whole page of errors and have to keep updating my licence.

Any help would be appreciated.
So unfortunately because of the way the iPad's work the Hot Fix won't work on it. But I will have the new v3.0 of the "Pathfinder GM Pack" out within hours and that will convert the "Community Bestiary" into the "GM Pack" even on the iPad.

As for Licenses issues you would need to contact LW. Nothing I can do with user files can affect a persons license. Just think how dangerous that would be if I could. So I am sorry I have no way of helping with that issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikmal View Post
Shadow,
The hotfix, when I click on it just appears as a bunch of gibberish (as a web page to me and not as an actual file) to me. Also when I go in to the editor to locate the file 'pProtEnerg' manually.. I am not able to find it.

Not sure what to do at this point as I need my Hero Lab today. Is there anything I can do? Thank you!!
As Farling said "Right-click on the link in the topic, and select "Save" or "Save as" or "DOwnload". Then from your normal windows explorer click on the downloaded file."

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #13
ShadowChemosh

Old February 1st, 2015, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarius View Post
I don't know either way and I wish I could provide more information, but all I know is:

When I run the Community Bestiary Pack as provided by the Updates panel in Hero Lab, I get the 'Duplicate record encountered' error. When I shut down Hero Lab and apply the Hot Fix, Hero Lab will load normally until I try to open the Pathfinder Module or a Pathfinder character sheet, at which point it crashes.

I'll submit that to LW support now; thank you for the reminder!
So install the "Community Bestiary" v2.25 again. This will cause the "Duplicate Thing ID" error but let HL and Pathfinder start.

1) Then go to "Tools->Show Editor".
2) From the editor window go to "File->Open Data File..."
3) Find and open the file named "PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user"
4) On the adjust tab look for "Protection From Energy" with a Unique ID value of "pProtEnerg" and left click on it once to bring it up.
5) Then press the BOTTOM LEFT side button marked "Delete". Confirm the delete.
6) Go to "File->Save Data File".
7) Exit the editor and Hero Lab.
8) Restart HL and Pathfinder and you should get no more error.

But I am very worried what is going to happen to all the Mac users when I release v3.0 in a few hours. These are just normal .user files that anyone could create so it should not be causing this.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #14
ShadowChemosh

Old February 1st, 2015, 02:57 PM
The new Pathfinder GM Pack and Pathfinder GM Mythic Pack are now available. So please download the latest version of these Packs.

The HOT FIX is no longer needed.

Anyone from LW please un-sticky this thread and lock it please.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #15
Aaron

Old February 1st, 2015, 06:00 PM
Aaron is offline   #16
Closed Thread