Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

gasguy192

Old February 24th, 2021, 07:24 PM
Hi. I just can't figure out how to activate and make the cantrips heighten up. I can do the spell slots. RAW - Cantrips automatically heighten to the same as your highest spell slot. In HLO the 'effects' don't seem to be shown with more damage when I use a damage cantrip e.g. Divine Lance. Any advice?
gasguy192 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old February 25th, 2021, 07:47 AM
I'd never really noticed that, but yes, it seems like cantrips don't show the current level. In general I'm not happy with how HLO organizes spells. When I come across things like this, I put in a bug report as a feature request.

Also, it's worth noting that while it looks like PF2 plans to have every spellcaster get their new spell level on the same schedule as the cantrips, it's possible that a future class may not. The cantrip rule is half the caster's level, rounded up, not equal to the highest spell slot.
mototom is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
gasguy192

Old February 26th, 2021, 02:31 PM
HI.
In my case, most of the time it's not a bug on the windshield, it's the guy driving the car... Based on your assessment I guess it's time we put in a bug report...
You are correct on the rule... but doesn't it amount to the same thing? (I should have stated it as written).
gasguy192 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old February 26th, 2021, 03:23 PM
Yes, most of the time it's the same thing. It really only comes into play when you're doing a caster dedication, so your cantrips will heighten to your level while you have a lower max spell slot (and maybe no spell slot at all).

Like if I'm a 5th level fighter with the wizard dedication and Basic Wizard Spellcasting, my cantrips would be heightened to level 3 while my highest spell slot would be level 1.
mototom is offline   #4 Reply With Quote