Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

leokhorn

Old February 22nd, 2013, 07:09 AM
Is it possible? It seems the Elongation power does not add anything to the DC for example, so I have the feeling these variables are not accessible?

For reference, I wanted to make a "Limited to Grabbing" flaw for Enhanced Ability Strength.
leokhorn is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 22nd, 2013, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leokhorn View Post
Is it possible? It seems the Elongation power does not add anything to the DC for example, so I have the feeling these variables are not accessible?

For reference, I wanted to make a "Limited to Grabbing" flaw for Enhanced Ability Strength.
I am away from my copy of Hero Lab, but my impulse would be to suggest right-clicking the displayed DC and seeing if you can bring up any debug fields.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old February 22nd, 2013, 03:29 PM
Just to follow up, I right-clicked on the Grab entry in the Specials column and found that its ID is wpGrab (it's actually listed as one of the weapons) and the DC is under its atkDC field. I'm going to fiddle with it a bit to see if I can put together a power to add to it.
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
leokhorn

Old February 23rd, 2013, 06:15 AM
Oh, hey, look at that, debug options showing off a lot of things! Now we're talking ... yeah, can you tell I'm *just* starting on this?

Thanks for the tip. With the actual variables shown, I have the feeling I'll be able to do something with it.

EDIT:

I managed to get things working with an alternate way, using an Advantage instead. I based it off Throwing Mastery for the timing, and used this Eval Script:
Code:
      ~ If we're not active, get out
      doneif (activated = 0)

hero.child[wpGrab].field[atkDC].value += field[adRanks].value
Easier for me in the end since the grabbing bonus might come from Strength or Dexterity if Grabbing Finesse is also selected.

That said, mysteriously, copying the Limited to Lifting flaw as is does not reproduce its behavior. It still adds the Strength as if there was no limitation. Is the flaw dealt with as a special case?

Last edited by leokhorn; February 23rd, 2013 at 09:33 AM. Reason: status update
leokhorn is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old November 3rd, 2020, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leokhorn View Post
That said, mysteriously, copying the Limited to Lifting flaw as is does not reproduce its behavior. It still adds the Strength as if there was no limitation. Is the flaw dealt with as a special case?
Very belated, yes, this is something baked in.

Quote:
~ Apply our bonus to the chosen attribute - if we're limited to lifting,
~ apply any limit from that
var v_mod as number
v_mod = bonus
if (gizmo.pickcount[pfEnhLimLf] <> 0) then
v_mod -= gizmo.child[pfEnhLimLf].field[pwmRankUsr].value
v_mod = maximum(v_mod, 0)
endif
call ApplyPwEff
I'm not 100% which script this is (it was found by trolling the data.hlz file) and if it's able to be overridden.
Duggan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
MPHopcroft

Send a message via AIM to MPHopcroft Send a message via MSN to MPHopcroft Send a message via Yahoo to MPHopcroft

Old December 4th, 2020, 01:49 PM
Wrong topic.

Last edited by MPHopcroft; December 4th, 2020 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Deleting
MPHopcroft is offline   #6 Reply With Quote