Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

thenightgaunt

Old May 3rd, 2021, 09:19 AM
Are there any fan projects out there to add D&D 2nd edition or 1st edition to Herolab?

The most I've seen on here are some rather old posts ending with comments by RavenX that he's made one but can't share it due to copyright concerns.

But outside of that, has anyone else tried it?

Thank you.
thenightgaunt is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lexin

Send a message via Skype™ to Lexin

Old May 10th, 2021, 04:33 PM
I'd like to know this, too. I'm currently running a game using AD&D2e.

--
Lexin

GM from Gwynedd, Wales - seriously old school - playing RPGs since 1980!

Tools: Realm Works, HeroLab, Campaign Cartographer 3+
Lexin is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 28th, 2021, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenightgaunt View Post
Are there any fan projects out there to add D&D 2nd edition or 1st edition to Herolab?

The most I've seen on here are some rather old posts ending with comments by RavenX that he's made one but can't share it due to copyright concerns.

But outside of that, has anyone else tried it?

Thank you.
Those "concerns" you mentioned come from my coding work on White Wolf's VTM material and Exalted. I was basically told by the big bad wolf I could do what I wanted "for personal use" only. They explicitly told me I could not distribute my work. I am not going to ask Hasbro (who currently owns the D&D IP) for permission to distribute that AD&D datafile. It is extremely unlikely you will get permission from a big corporation to distribute any data file without an existing Open Game License agreement. AD&D was around prior to the OGL and is very unlikely to ever fall under it.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote