Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

jjashley

Old April 5th, 2019, 10:33 AM
Is there a secret to adding poisons to hero lab and having them show up in the gear tab on the character? I thought I pretty much had it down but all of a sudden I can't add any poisons. They'll go in to the editor but never show in the equipment gear tab.
jjashley is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old April 5th, 2019, 10:46 AM
Can you walk us through the steps you're taking to add/create them?

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old April 5th, 2019, 01:27 PM
basically going to the gear tab in the editor, giving it a name and ID, using the drop down for equipment type poison. then adding a tag for PoisonType contact, injury and so on. So I end up with 2 tags on the poison. GearType gtPoison and PoisonType Contact, then save and test. I basically just copied an existing poison and changed the name and PoisonType tag.
jjashley is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old April 5th, 2019, 01:30 PM
well poop if I do a copy and don't try to enter the poison manually, it shows up. Not sure why though or what the difference is.

Edit: Not sure why I didn't try this to start with.
jjashley is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old April 5th, 2019, 01:53 PM
Yeah if something I'm entering has anything similar already in, I almost always make a copy and modify it from there. 9/10 you can look at the tags/fields of an existing thing and see what's missing in your new one. The other 1/10 times there may be a piece of code that is copied but doesn't show up in the editor.

But for the most part, copying an existing thing is your best route.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old April 6th, 2019, 05:38 AM
I'm thinking it was the latter, so back to a copy it is. Thanks Fenris.
jjashley is offline   #6 Reply With Quote