Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Minous

Old February 14th, 2018, 07:19 AM
I dont have HL handy, but a player brought this to my attention. Apparently HL does not output this as a special ability, nor does it correctly increase the threat range.

Is anyone else able to confirm this before I file a ticket?
Minous is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old February 15th, 2018, 02:12 AM
I just made up a 5th Swashbuckler with a rapier. Threat range increased as it should. Weapon Training does not appear on the "Special" tab.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 15th, 2018, 07:25 AM
Why add it as a special? All the weapons have been adjusted, so you won't need to look the ability's rules during a game, so why have it clutter up that list?
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old February 15th, 2018, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Why add it as a special? All the weapons have been adjusted, so you won't need to look the ability's rules during a game, so why have it clutter up that list?
When one is trying to verify the damage calculations tracking down the +1 untyped bonus was far harder than it should have been. Ended up just deleting things from the character until it disappeared.

EDIT: or for figuring out why one's crit range is off.
Minous is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
JoeElf

Old September 21st, 2019, 07:49 PM
Just spent an hour today trying to figure out where my +1 to hit and damage came from. I knew about Improved Critical at 5, but forgot about the Weapon Training adding the untyped +1. And it doesn't print on the Abilities & Gear, unlike a lot of other stuff that's less useful.
JoeElf is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old September 22nd, 2019, 06:15 PM
A couple of my players are fond of telling each other that they should know their character. As in at whatever level, this is what a feature does, without having to rely on hero lab.

I find that having something on the Special Abilities tab helps immensely, because unlike them, I have thousands of NPC creatures and monsters, and that's a lot to keep track of on an ongoing basis.
Ualaa is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 22nd, 2019, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
A couple of my players are fond of telling each other that they should know their character. As in at whatever level, this is what a feature does, without having to rely on hero lab.
When you have a tool like Hero Lab (HLC) at the table then you no longer have to worry about all the minutiae of the mathematics of your character's abilities, especially concerning things like non-stacking bonuses and applying temporary bonus/penalty.

At levels above 5th it also keeps that nice list of all the things you can do, rather than having to reference lots of books.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 23rd, 2019, 05:49 AM
I agree. I had trouble keeping track of pages and pages of spells and special abilities before, particularly at high levels. Now it's just a tab or two.

Last edited by Lj Stephens; September 23rd, 2019 at 05:50 AM. Reason: adding info
Lj Stephens is offline   #8 Reply With Quote