Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Minous

Old December 15th, 2019, 01:17 PM
Is there a way to merge duplicate creatures in the encounter builder? There are quite a few creatures that I am seeing duplicated.
Minous is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
GreyLurker

Old December 15th, 2019, 01:46 PM
Try unchecking the Free Beastiary or the Bonus Bestiary
GreyLurker is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 15th, 2019, 02:00 PM
Do you have user content added that's duplicating them? If not, could you give some examples so I can look for why there's a duplication?

The encounter builder draws from all .stock and .por files in the main HL folder, so you can open those and delete individual creatures to get rid of things from the list, although each update will put the current version of the official stock portfolios back (so that any bug fixes to the portfolios are included)
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old December 15th, 2019, 02:38 PM
One example is the Dire Rat, the only Third Party addon I have is the community pack.
Attached Files
File Type: email duplicates.por (125.1 KB, 3 views)
Minous is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 15th, 2019, 10:49 PM
When I load that portfolio on a copy of HL with only the content we've created, the race for Dire Rat #1 is deleted, which means it's from something unofficial. So if you've got the community pack installed and nothing else, I'd ask there as to why there's an extra dire rat.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old December 15th, 2019, 11:06 PM
Yes, it is the community pack.

They have a stock files for the various Summon Monster/Ally spells. This includes pre-built normal, celestial and infernal versions of each monster type that could possibly be summoned.

Really these files should be replaced by Encounter Libraries.

I guess the only solution is to manually delete those stock files and then reload the Encounter Builder.

(These duplicate monster entries have been bugging me for a long time too!)

Note that Tome of Horrors has some duplicate monsters too. I think these are the monsters which appeared in the Tome first, and then got republished in an official Pathfinder Bestiary.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #6 Reply With Quote