Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

jjashley

Old March 7th, 2019, 07:57 AM
I tried using the information from the Hero Lab Manual Miscellaneous section to change the drive that Hero Lab uses for the data files. However I find it is still looking at the C:, below is the section I used with my own paths of course, however as I mentioned it is still trying to use the default location on the C:. Is there some other way to change that location?

-dataroot=path – If this parameter is present, Hero Lab treats the specified folder as its "Program Data Folder" - it will look for data files, custom output types, skins, and more under this folder.
For example, the command line C:\HeroLab\HeroLab.exe -dataroot="c:\some folder\HeroLab data stuff" would make Hero Lab look for data files in "c:\some folder\HeroLab data stuff\data".
jjashley is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 7th, 2019, 08:11 AM
Could you please be more specific about what isn't working? Is there a specific folder where it's still looking for the data elsewhere, while others are working? Or has this not changed anything?
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old March 7th, 2019, 08:28 AM
Nothing changed, I tried to run "D:\Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe" -dataroot="D:\ProgramData\Hero Lab" The directory is still showing the default that it installs with C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab .

the laptop manufacturer for some reason used a small ssd device for the system drive then left it as the C: drive which to me is beyond dumb since every piece of software on earth wants to default install to the C: drive. I'm trying to keep as much data as I can off of the C: drive
jjashley is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old March 7th, 2019, 08:46 AM
I did get it to work using just -root, so I think maybe I was doing something incorrectly when doing the -dataroot and -userroot individually.
jjashley is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old March 7th, 2019, 08:54 AM
ok still not quite fixed. When I try to start HeroLab via shortcut no game systems are populated. It showed which directory it was looking towards as the correct one but seems that it may still be looking at the C: drive. It showed the new drive location until I restarted Hero Lab, then it went back to the C: defaults.
jjashley is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old March 7th, 2019, 08:56 AM
ok again I think I'm just dumb, and was making the change in the wrong place. I apologize for time wasting, will go bang head on wall for a bit.
jjashley is offline   #6 Reply With Quote