Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Minous

Old July 29th, 2018, 08:20 PM
How does one go about forcing a custom skill to appear. I have a mechanic that I created to add the Intimidate DC to all NPC characters, however when I go to print the basic text stat block it never shows. I know its probably something simple, but I am missing it. Any advice?
Minous is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 30th, 2018, 02:07 PM
Did you define the skill with Helper.ExtraSkill? If so, take that off and it should automatically be added to all heroes by default.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old July 30th, 2018, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Did you define the skill with Helper.ExtraSkill? If so, take that off and it should automatically be added to all heroes by default.
The issue isn’t appearing for characters but rather when outputing basic stat blocks the skill gets skipped. If I use something like AncentOne it prints just fine. The issue is with output hero stat block
Minous is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 30th, 2018, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
The issue isn’t appearing for characters but rather when outputing basic stat blocks the skill gets skipped. If I use something like AncentOne it prints just fine. The issue is with output hero stat block
Most likely you need to add Helper.ClassSkill as I think the output hero stat block is only meant to show class skills or skills with ranks...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 30th, 2018, 02:54 PM
It'll also show most skills that have been changed from their default value (it goes through a very long list of bonuses and penalties, and sets a variable if any of them are non-zero), so what field are you using to set the bonus? I'm surprised it's not on that list.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old July 30th, 2018, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
It'll also show most skills that have been changed from their default value (it goes through a very long list of bonuses and penalties, and sets a variable if any of them are non-zero), so what field are you using to set the bonus? I'm surprised it's not on that list.
It’s a fixed value (intimate DC) so ranks really don’t do anything. I find it useful since I have a few players on the intimate build. I have an eval script that just sets it
Minous is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 30th, 2018, 03:10 PM
Oh, wait - at the end of all those tests, it assigns Hide.Statblock if the skill should be hidden on the statblock. So delete that tag. The script that does it is at Render/30000.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote