Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

pyremius

Old December 5th, 2014, 06:48 AM
Is there a way to identify which sources were used in the creation of a specific .por file, as opposed to the list of which are available? I'm starting up a new game, and some of the new players are considering purchasing Hero Lab. Their initial character builds were done on my copy, so I'd like to find a way to generate a list of which expansions they need to purchase in order to maintain the characters themselves.
pyremius is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 5th, 2014, 08:24 AM
On the Develop menu, "Prepare Portfolio for Distribution" will turn off all un-used sources for a portfolio.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
pyremius

Old December 5th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Thanks. Comparing the before and after lists I can see a number of sources are no longer selected. However, there are a number which are still present I would not have expected. Occult Adventures Playtest (a non-issue since free), Ultimate Magic & Ultimate Bestiary Familiars (Sorcerer, no Familiar), Ultimate Combat, and Inner Sea World Guide.

I suspect most of these are being used for the structure itself - for instance the entire History tab from Ultimate Campaign is unused (He's using other options from that book so it's still necessary, but it's the clearest example I can find). If he doesn't buy these books, will he be able to read the file properly, or will he have to recreate the character without those books, first?
pyremius is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 5th, 2014, 09:16 AM
The OA playtest, the familiar options and inner sea world guide are all free to all users, so prepare portfolio leaves those in their default state of turned on.

As to why Ultimate Combat is turned on, I'd double-check the weapons and armor you've added.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
pyremius

Old December 5th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Heavy Mace, Light Crossbow, and 20 bolts - no armor.

I can't find anything on any tab which might come from the book, but I'm not really sure what's in the book (accidental purchase, and I only got the data file to match in case I ever decided to use it).
pyremius is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 5th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Try turning off Ultimate Combat - if there's an item floating around that requires it, that item will become orphaned, and that will be reported as an error.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
pyremius

Old December 5th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Found it. The spell "Air Bubble" is in Ultimate Combat.

Pretty sure that book goes on the list - this is for Skull & Shackles, where that spell is probably the most valuable choice possible.
pyremius is offline   #7 Reply With Quote