Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Fenris447

Old March 15th, 2022, 05:52 PM
I hate to say it, but I sincerely hope they get nerfed before they get published. Here's what they can do per the UA:

Quote:
Secondary Arms. You have two slightly smaller secondary arms below your primary pair of arms. The secondary arms function like your primary arms, with the following exceptions:
  • You can use a secondary arm to wield a weapon that has the light property, but you can’t use a secondary arm to wield other kinds of weapons.
  • You can’t wield a shield with a secondary arm.
Telling Hero Lab to add extra arms is easy enough, you just add to the Hero's tNumHands field. Where it gets super complicated is how Hero Lab parses hands. There's a main hand and then x number of offhands. So checking for a shield being in only your first offhand is right out.

I'm currently overwhelmed just thinking about it; how many and what tags on the hero and weapons do we need to check for? Is there a way to logically account for all situations? How does this interact with Dual Wielding (feat) and Two Weapon Fighting (fighting style)?

As it stands, adding two extra hands even without restrictions is already broken, as you can wield two two-handed weapons AND a shield with no validation errors. Ugh.

I guess this is just a cry for help to see if anyone has ever dealt with a problem like this one, either in 5e or in Pathfinder.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 17th, 2022, 05:24 PM
Well, every single caster will be a Thri-Kreen - there's bound to be an unoccupied hand for somatic and material components!

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 17th, 2022, 08:44 PM
I'm honestly just praying that by the time it gets published, it'll have been nerfed down to not be usable for weapons and shields. That'll solve all my problems.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote