Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Lifebinder

Old March 26th, 2017, 05:31 AM
So my Paladin got Gauntlets of Ogre Power and a Hammer of Thunderbolts last night. Yay! I'm still waiting for a Belt of Giant Strength to actually use them to their fullest potential, but I noticed something interesting when messing around in Hero Lab.

So we're all on the same footing:

Gauntlets of Ogre Power: attunement - Sets your STR to 19

Belt of Giant Strength: attunment - Sets your STR to 21/23/25/27/29 (based on rarity)

Hammer of Thunderbolts: attunement - must be wearing Gauntlets of Ogre Power and any variety of Belt of Giant Strength to attune this weapon. While attuned, you add +4 to your Strength. Your Strength can exceed 20 but not 30.

The wording on HoT, specifically the "Strength can exceed 20 but not 30" would make me think that the hammer's bonus would be added on top of any bonus granted by the other magic items - how else would you be able to boost your STR so high as to approach 30?

HL doesn't seem to handle it this way, instead choosing to apply the belt bonus after the hammer, effectively negating the bonus of the weapon, even though the hammer requires at least wearing, if not attuning, the belt.
Lifebinder is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old March 26th, 2017, 01:23 PM
Alot of these were never code. Mainly because I had no idea how to at the time. I still wouldn't know how to set the set up to be honest.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lifebinder

Old March 26th, 2017, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Alot of these were never code. Mainly because I had no idea how to at the time. I still wouldn't know how to set the set up to be honest.
I decided the easiest way was to just create a 'Permanant' adjustment to my STR of +4 and cite the hammer as the source. Doesn't handle the new max 30 limit and doesn't automatically disengage if I detune the weapon, but it seems easier than anything else.
Lifebinder is offline   #3 Reply With Quote