Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 1st Edition

Notices

Repairman_Jack

Old December 15th, 2021, 08:38 PM
Hero Lab does not seem to want to add more than a +1 AC for Canny Defense, even though I have more than 1 level of Magus. Per the rules, Canny Defense should add 1 point of AC per Magus level, capped by Intelligence bonus.
Repairman_Jack is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 16th, 2021, 07:12 AM
Hello,

The best way for us to get this assessed would be by way of a formal bug report sent to the email address in my signature. Go ahead and draft an email and if you would be so kind, any amount of documentation on the way the Character is built such as a PDF and also screenshots of the way you have the Play Tab and the Canny Defense feature configured could assist in helping us track down what is going wrong.

I hope to hear from you soon, thanks!

--
Ryan Furnas
Customer/Technical Support
<support@wolflair.com>
Ryan F is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old December 16th, 2021, 09:28 PM
How many class levels in Kensai do you have? Presumably you also have a higher INT bonus than +1.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old December 17th, 2021, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repairman_Jack View Post
Hero Lab does not seem to want to add more than a +1 AC for Canny Defense, even though I have more than 1 level of Magus. Per the rules, Canny Defense should add 1 point of AC per Magus level, capped by Intelligence bonus.
It does for me. Kensai archetype chosen, 2nd level Magus, INT bonus of +2, adds 2 to my AC. If the INT bonus is +3, it increases to 3 when the Magus levels to 3.

In fact, it doesn't seem to care if my chosen weapon is equipped, which I think it should. I believe the bonus should only apply when it's equipped. And if I try to equip another weapon it says I have too many equipped—so HLO may be counting the chosen weapon as always equipped in the primary hand.
mototom is offline   #4 Reply With Quote