Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dark Lord Galen

Old March 7th, 2016, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Not currently but one of the things I am fixing is this as I redo classes. .................. Same for Paladins smite evil. This allows a method of sharing class features easier...
Speaking of the Paladins Smite Evil, its seems that the current release doesn't account for the paladins charisma modifier on the "to Hit", the damage is still working as before (+1per LVL).
Looking under the Paladin.dat file the eval script accounts for the damage, but don't see the charisma mod.
Ref: PHB3.5 p44

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #451 Reply With Quote
LordTharin

Old March 9th, 2016, 07:35 PM
I have added the Church Inquisitor prestige class to the my Complete Divine usr file, not perfect but functional. The problem I am having is that I do not know how to merge the files so when a new set is released I have to reinput the class. Does anyone know how to merge files or is there someone I can send my file to?

Thank You
LordTharin is offline   #452 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 9th, 2016, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
Speaking of the Paladins Smite Evil, its seems that the current release doesn't account for the paladins charisma modifier on the "to Hit", the damage is still working as before (+1per LVL).
Looking under the Paladin.dat file the eval script accounts for the damage, but don't see the charisma mod.
Just tested this in a clean install of the d20 v5.7 and it works fine. I set a level 1 paladin with a 18 Cha and when I activate the ability I get +4H +1D. Seems right to me.

The .dat files for d20 are locked and can not be seen by outside users. So I am not sure what file you are looking at. If you have a custom version that is overriding the core d20 Paladin that could be why you see something different.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #453 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 10th, 2016, 03:50 AM
Quote:
The .dat files for d20 are locked and can not be seen by outside users. So I am not sure what file you are looking at. If you have a custom version that is overriding the core d20 Paladin that could be why you see something different.
There is a source directory in the d20 data folder that has a collection of .dat files. These files were old and obsolete when I started coding several years ago. They should be ignored.
Sendric is offline   #454 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 10th, 2016, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
Incidentally, I am able to reproduce this issue, but I'm not yet clear on why. I have two game system folders that are (in theory) identical, and both have the community set. I can reproduce it in one system, but not the other. I'll play around with it some more and see if I can figure out what's going on.

Update: Nevermind. I have found the source of the problem in the community set. It will be resolved for the next release.

Last edited by Sendric; March 10th, 2016 at 04:47 AM.
Sendric is offline   #455 Reply With Quote
zero_traveler

Old March 10th, 2016, 07:07 AM
Random entries seem to be missing.

Includes Dragon Compendium but Tibbit (A race option) is missing. Other Dragon Compendium things are showing up.

Includes Savage Species but I can't find any entries on any of the in system lists. (As in, I loaded up the Module and tried to find Savage Species Entries and can't find any at all.) I was looking for Surrogate Spellcaster, but it's not in there.
zero_traveler is offline   #456 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old March 10th, 2016, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Just tested this in a clean install of the d20 v5.7 and it works fine. I set a level 1 paladin with a 18 Cha and when I activate the ability I get +4H +1D. Seems right to me..
Humm that's is puzzling, setting up a generic POR, the attributes defined "should" give a +4/+3

But the "Special Tab" displays only the damage portion.

Quote:
Disagree, and I think Sendric is on the same path as what I have found (see Below) Within my Set, there indeed are the *.dat files referenced, it is there I was referencing this code... The code "seems" to account for the damage but not the "to hit"

It does warn the end user this is a read only file before the display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
There is a source directory in the d20 data folder that has a collection of .dat files. These files were old and obsolete when I started coding several years ago. They should be ignored.
Probably what I am seeing.... should these files be removed?
Quote:
Incidentally, I am able to reproduce this issue, but I'm not yet clear on why. I have two game system folders that are (in theory) identical, and both have the community set. I can reproduce it in one system, but not the other. I'll play around with it some more and see if I can figure out what's going on.

Update: Nevermind. I have found the source of the problem in the community set. It will be resolved for the next release.
AH.. good to hear! Thanks for your rapid attention guys.....
Attached Images
File Type: png Paladin Eval Script.PNG (150.1 KB, 59 views)
File Type: png Warning.PNG (395.1 KB, 59 views)
File Type: png PamPalAtr.PNG (305.4 KB, 59 views)
File Type: png PamSpAbil.PNG (314.4 KB, 59 views)

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #457 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 10th, 2016, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Totally forgot about that old folder. It has a "few" of the original .dat classes I think. I will need to ask Colen about them and what should be done with them.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #458 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 10th, 2016, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_traveler View Post
Random entries seem to be missing.

Includes Dragon Compendium but Tibbit (A race option) is missing. Other Dragon Compendium things are showing up.

Includes Savage Species but I can't find any entries on any of the in system lists. (As in, I loaded up the Module and tried to find Savage Species Entries and can't find any at all.) I was looking for Surrogate Spellcaster, but it's not in there.
Well...yes, that is true. Not every file that is included in the community set includes all data from the source the file is for. In fact, I would venture to guess that almost none of them do, with one or maybe two exceptions.

The Savage Species file really just has the Pixie race and a couple other odd bits. I don't remember who even entered it, but it was a project that got abandoned pretty quickly. It may be something I look at in the future, but to be honest there's so much missing content it's hard to make this even a low priority at this point.

If there is something specific you are looking for, please feel free to make a request. I'm always happy to take a look at specific requests.
Sendric is offline   #459 Reply With Quote
zero_traveler

Old March 10th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Quote:
If there is something specific you are looking for, please feel free to make a request. I'm always happy to take a look at specific requests.
Well, everything else I can work around, but having the Tibbit Race in there would be great, if you guys have time/energy/will for it.

Race found Here

It's part of Dragon Compendium Volume 1

Last edited by zero_traveler; March 10th, 2016 at 12:22 PM.
zero_traveler is offline   #460 Reply With Quote