Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Nightstar

Old March 29th, 2021, 11:06 AM
So I've not really checked in with HLO since like, May of last year. I remember the creators were saying that integrating with VTTs had bumped up in priority with the pandemic. Did this ever materialize?

Can I take my HLO characters and easily import them into Fantasy Grounds or Roll20, like I used to be able to with Classic?

Also, what is the state of an Authoring Kit/Custom Content option, to add custom classes, races, weapons, etc, à la Hero Lab Classic.
Nightstar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old March 29th, 2021, 02:56 PM
I think HLO has made the export on their end, but nothing has materialized for FGU or Roll20 for input. We just build the character in HLO and then re-build in FGU and use HLO to make sure it's correct.
Frodie is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 29th, 2021, 05:15 PM
And the comment they've made about the Editor (not even touching the Authoring Kit) is that, since things run on their servers rather than on a person's computer, they're still trying to figure out a good way to avoid sloppy or malicious coding resulting on a drain in server resources. Halting Problem and all that.
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
aerik1

Old April 6th, 2021, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodie View Post
I think HLO has made the export on their end, but nothing has materialized for FGU or Roll20 for input. We just build the character in HLO and then re-build in FGU and use HLO to make sure it's correct.
I've got a (admittedly basic) import script for Roll20. You may get some wonky results sometimes due to the erratic nature of the HLO export file.

https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9630337/
aerik1 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
GMScott

Old June 10th, 2021, 05:31 AM
Slate has created a module for Foundry VTT that imports PF2 characters from Hero Lab Online, thanks to HLO's json export.

https://foundryvtt.com/packages/hlo-importer/
GMScott is offline   #5 Reply With Quote