Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Broley

Old May 17th, 2021, 12:11 PM
I just want to be sure about this.

So I figured out how to work the Smart Image thing, and how to reveal portions of the map to my players. Sweet!

My question is, after I reveal this or that on the map, do I do a server sync and after that tell my players to server sync?

I think that's how it goes. I know that's how it is for snippets information, but I just want to be sure about map reveal before I try it.

Thanks
Broley is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old May 17th, 2021, 12:55 PM
During a session, the intention is that you use Player View from your own DM computer.

The player sync is intended for use between game sessions, for when the players want to review the information that you've revealed during all previous game sessions.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old May 17th, 2021, 10:34 PM
LW's intentions aside, you can use the player sync as you describe it (reveal, GM syncs, Player sync), but it is somewhat cumbersome.

With many VoIP Tools (e.g. Zoom, MS Teams) you can also share your monitor or a window on it. That means you can also employ the Player View during online sessions and the players can see revealed parts of smart maps instantly, even though the PV is somewhat unwieldy by itself.

Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn
Greebo is offline   #3 Reply With Quote