Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 9th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Climbing Kick needs Modifier Multiplier 2. This one is on me. I thought I'd submitted my last update with this fix. Climbing Kick is built as linked Damage+Trip(Touch, Knockback) so any extras that apply to both should count as two. Minor caveat, Up-in-the-Air should cost 1 pp still since it only affects the Trip portion. I'm not sure if there are other feats that only affect part of it. Arguably, Mighty might only apply to the Damage portion for example (although one could probably argue adding strength bonus to the Trip stability check as well) like Vampiric. I see you have the Multiref bit removed, though.
Ultimately, with all of these side cases, it might be nice to be able to have some way to say, for extra on linked powers, "this extra only counts for a piece of this". I know I've run into similar issues with Corrosion and Disintegration where I wanted to apply a modifier to only the damage or the drain.

The Disguised and Plug-In Interface power feats should only be available on Devices, or as features for custom Equipment. Same can be said for Flaw: Crew Required or Flaw: Assembly Required.

Last edited by Duggan; June 13th, 2010 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Adding an example of a Damage-only power.
Duggan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old June 10th, 2010, 02:58 AM
The PL+5 cap on skill includes only skill ranks and the bonuses from certain feats (like Attractive), not the base Ability bonus.

There is an error in the Minions/Sidekick code, when you build a NPC all his minions inherit his PL rather than having it calculated as normal.
Woodclaw is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old June 12th, 2010, 08:46 PM
One of my fellow players informed me tonight that HL is charging only 1pp/rank for Weather Control when it should be 2pp/rank.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old June 12th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
One of my fellow players informed me tonight that HL is charging only 1pp/rank for Weather Control when it should be 2pp/rank.
Actually this depnds of the optiuon he choose, the Visibility and Mix-and-match options cost only 1pp/ranks rather than 2pp/rank
Woodclaw is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old June 13th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodclaw View Post
Actually this depnds of the optiuon he choose, the Visibility and Mix-and-match options cost only 1pp/ranks rather than 2pp/rank
Yeah, my bad for not asking him more questions before posting. Turns out he was a little confused by the Power Option drop-down.

However, I am wondering if this shouldn't also allow you to designate a "default" slot like the other Arrays do.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old June 14th, 2010, 03:33 AM
I just found a weird new bug, if I make a minion/sidekick with a vehicle and then deactivate him the program signal a skill rank error in the vehicle sheet.
Woodclaw is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old June 14th, 2010, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodclaw View Post
I just found a weird new bug, if I make a minion/sidekick with a vehicle and then deactivate him the program signal a skill rank error in the vehicle sheet.
Colen's going to take "skills" away from vehicles. I had a similar thing happen with my Jumbo Jet.

I did notice that the PDF doesn't show how much EP has been shared amongst the team. It only prints the words "Shared EP" lol
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old June 14th, 2010, 03:28 PM
PF: Improved Range and PF: Progression, Increase Range.

Found a problem with how these two PFs are working with each other and the Power: Blast. Have not checked it against other powers but I suspect it would happen with them as well.

First, when using Progression, Improved Range which affects the MAXIMUM range (and it would be nice if that were written as Ranged, 30ft/max 300ft) isn't following the correct formula: Max range = (R.I. x 10 x Progression value)

You'll see in the example below that there's something odd going on with Improved Range as well.

Example, a rank 7 Blast with a single level of each of the two PFs (x2 on the chart) should have a Range Increment of 140 ft. and a max range of 1,400 ft. but the printout has "Improved Range (175 ft incr) (Standard(Active) - Ranged, 140ft. - Instant)"

If you buy two levels of each PF (x5 on the chart) to reflect realistic air-to-air combat range. Instead of a R.I. of 350 ft (with a max of 17,500 ft) one gets "Improved Range (350 ft incr) (Standard(Active) - Ranged, 350ft. - Instant)"

Even without the PFs, it would be nice to have the change made to: Ranged, R.I. ft. / Max value ft. on the sheet.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer.

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; June 14th, 2010 at 04:00 PM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old June 14th, 2010, 07:48 PM
For those only viewing one thread, I have a user file fix at http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=7771&page=2. It seems to work correctly for me. Two ranks of each feat on Blast 7 gives you:
Powers:
Blast 7 (DC 22; Improved Range 2 (350 ft. incr), Progression, Increase Range 2 (max range x5[3500 feet]))

The maximum range is built on 10 increments of the default range. This means that if you take Improved Range, you normally reduce the number of increments you can shoot (as seen in Ultimate Power page 13). However, if both feats increase in lockstop, you continue to have 10 increments of range.

Now let's just hope that 3E fixed the "ranged area attacks can hit anywhere within 10 range increments without penalty" rule. :-P
Duggan is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old June 14th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
For those only viewing one thread, I have a user file fix at http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=7771&page=2. It seems to work correctly for me. Two ranks of each feat on Blast 7 gives you:
Powers:
Blast 7 (DC 22; Improved Range 2 (350 ft. incr), Progression, Increase Range 2 (max range x5[3500 feet]))

The maximum range is built on 10 increments of the default range. This means that if you take Improved Range, you normally reduce the number of increments you can shoot (as seen in Ultimate Power page 13). However, if both feats increase in lockstop, you continue to have 10 increments of range.

Now let's just hope that 3E fixed the "ranged area attacks can hit anywhere within 10 range increments without penalty" rule. :-P
Oh my GM HATES that rule. LOL

Umm, the max range you show above falls short. It's not taking the extra x5 into account. For more on this I point folks back to my response in the other thread (can someone say "Norman, co-ordinate!" ? lol) http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=7771&page=2

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; June 14th, 2010 at 09:55 PM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #10 Reply With Quote