Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

chrisquenta

Old February 9th, 2020, 02:42 AM
When the concurrent devices feature will be available?
I was using HLC with additional licences before, and would like to know how far I will be able to use this functionality with HLO.
chrisquenta is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old February 12th, 2020, 09:12 AM
So far, with HLC I use three devices.
But with the inability to add a saved Realm Works HL portfolio to an already open HL-64 portfolio (with the characters in it), two devices would probably work.

Naturally, if the lost functionality is ever restored, three devices would work far better.
Ualaa is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
chrisquenta

Old February 12th, 2020, 10:02 PM
Indeed, not a single issue with HLC 32 or 64.
My question is regarding HLO, where currently I have one ID but would like to share this as with HLC with 2 other users (and even a 3rd paying an additional fee as in HLC with the secondary licence principle)
chrisquenta is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old February 12th, 2020, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisquenta View Post
Indeed, not a single issue with HLC 32 or 64.
My question is regarding HLO, where currently I have one ID but would like to share this as with HLC with 2 other users (and even a 3rd paying an additional fee as in HLC with the secondary licence principle)
Multiple/group licenses for HLO should be available soon. There are already threads on this. [2ndary licenses in HLC are not meant to be shared with other people, they are only for your own use.]

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
chrisquenta

Old February 13th, 2020, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
Multiple/group licenses for HLO should be available soon. There are already threads on this. [2ndary licenses in HLC are not meant to be shared with other people, they are only for your own use.]
Of course, I only used them between my wife & myself.
Friends of mine bought their own license
chrisquenta is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Thrawn82

Old February 13th, 2020, 05:44 AM
Unfortunately i think the read-between-the-lines answer is "never"

They have said plainly their intention with HLC was for each player at the table lay out the $grand for the full set of individual licences and that secondary licenses were never intended to be shared within a family or gaming group.
Thrawn82 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old February 13th, 2020, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn82 View Post
Unfortunately i think the read-between-the-lines answer is "never"

They have said plainly their intention with HLC was for each player at the table lay out the $grand for the full set of individual licences and that secondary licenses were never intended to be shared within a family or gaming group.
The original query and discussion is about group licenses for HLO. (We know HLC licences were not set up the same way, and won't change.)

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #7 Reply With Quote