Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

tinker2141

Old February 4th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Hi, I would like to buy army builder for wh 40k use but would like to know if i can dowload at work and then use the program at home, I do not have internet access at home and do not know if it will pose any problems, I would also like to know what software ( excell word etc. ) it requires.
thank you in advance for your assistance.
tinker2141 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 4th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Each copy of HeroLab is licensed for two computers, so you'd use one of those for work, one for home. Without internet access at home, you'll have to make copies of any program updates or data file updates at work and carry them home. HeroLab is a stand-alone program, and doesn't rely on anything else.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
tinker2141

Old February 5th, 2010, 09:40 AM
thanks, do you mean I can install and activate at work and the copy the activated file and use it at home? in the liscensing section it talks about binding the program to a computer, since it comes with 2 liscenses will it automaticaly bind to my home pc?
tinker2141 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Homer S
Volunteer Data File Author

Old February 5th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Nevermind... see below!

Homer

Last edited by Homer S; February 9th, 2010 at 07:17 AM.
Homer S is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 5th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Once you've installed your work copy and set up the license there, go to the license menu, and select "obtain secondary license".

Any update files you download at work will be stored in the Downloads folder, within the main Army Builder folder - so at work, update AB to the newest version and download all the game systems you're interested in, then copy the downloads folder to something portable. Then, you'll have those updates and the secondary license at home.

In the license menu, there's a "Manual License Activation" option, which is what you'll use to get your home computer licensed.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote