Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

richienvh

Old April 28th, 2023, 08:07 AM
Hi all,

I've run into a couple os issues while trying to build a Gunslinger and a Champion for a oneshot. Was wondering if they were known issues or if I'm doing something wrong.

Gunslinger issues
- Advanced Shooter does not seem to work. One of the character has this feat so that they can treat repeating hand crossbows as martial weapons. However, despite me choosing crossbows and adding the feat, the proficiency is still listed as expert on level 12 (should be master, since the advanced repeating crossbow is now a martial crossbow for the GS)

- Cannot find a way to attach a bayonet to a crossbow. Can't seem to find the bayonet or the reinforced stock as an item or attachment.

Champion issues:
- Can't seem to find sturdy shields. I read a post that this was a known issue, but it dated way back. Was wondering if it was already adressed.
richienvh is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old April 28th, 2023, 10:13 AM
Are you sure you aren't filtering anything in the list? I'm seeing both sturdy shields for the champion and the bayonet and stock as an attachment.

I don't know enough about how the gunslinger works to know if the proficiency is a bug or not.
mototom is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 28th, 2023, 12:37 PM
So abilities that make certain groups of weapons count as a step easier look for designation on the weapons that they belong to certain groups (weapon groups, ancestry traits). Crossbows aren't actually a weapon group though, they're a subset of bows, and weren't getting the particular tag that was needed for that matching (they're marked as "crossbows" for effects, but this needs a specific tag). TLDR I've fixed them and (beast guns), so that'll go out next release.

For attaching a bayonet, if you open the details of your crossbow, go to the "Attachments" table, they'll be an option to purchase there. Alternatively if you buy one from the Weapons table, you can click the ellipsis menu on the right side of the item in the table, and in the "Move To" menu, at the very bottom should be weapons it can be added to.

Sturdy shields are all in the Armor table.

As mototom said, make sure you don't have "Show only mundane items" checked when you have the purchase windows open, that would hide both of those. Bayonets (and other attachments) aren't really standard fare, so they're designated to hide if that's checked so they don't show in the weapons table specifically, as to not overwhelm newer players.

Last edited by Daniel V; April 28th, 2023 at 12:41 PM.
Daniel V is offline   #3 Reply With Quote