Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Alewis

Old August 2nd, 2019, 06:13 PM
When is this pos going to work?
Alewis is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Yoshua

Old August 2nd, 2019, 06:20 PM
Well, think I just got booted. Here's hoping some fixes are going in.
Yoshua is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old August 5th, 2019, 08:20 AM
bugs aside, it seems to be much better now that GenCon is over (as in, it's actually functional now). i'm no business expert, but creating a product that's completely unusable at major conventions and then releasing it at a major convention doesn't seem like the wisest move...

i am still looking forward to using HLO for PF2, but i'll be waiting at least 6 months to a year before thinking about actually purchasing. hopefully by then most of the bugs will be worked out and some of the major missing features (e.g. encounter tracker, offline mode, ability to add custom spells/feats/abilities) will have been implemented.

Last edited by dacoobob; August 5th, 2019 at 09:20 AM.
dacoobob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 5th, 2019, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacoobob View Post
i'll be waiting at least 6 months to a year before thinking about actually purchasing.
I wouldn't wait for that year of yours, and then buy it just before GenCon ;-)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old August 5th, 2019, 01:25 PM
I was hoping most bugs and promised features for Starfinder would have been available after 18 months, but it seems like I'm headed for disappointment. Maybe PF2 will fare better, but that would make me just sadder as a Starfinder player.
flyteach is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
skroo

Old August 6th, 2019, 02:08 AM
Yeah I expected much, much better from Lone Wolf on this. I just love that my game building and table experience now depend on this "cloud platform" (or, more accurately: it depends on how well LW's engineers built scaling and how much LW wants to spend (ah hah!) on capacity increases)

Nothing like building a pre-gen, clicking "add" for a skill then waiting 30s for the cloud database server instance to validate a merge or whatever it's doing.

I imagine the Stranger Things kids coming face to face with the Demogorgon, and then just at the climatic moment

PLATFORM EXPERIENCING UNEXPECTED DOWNTIME
skroo is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old August 6th, 2019, 03:13 AM
Maybe the Mind Flayer is exerting some kind of influence on the server, oops am I aloud to mention that creature name here lol
talsharien is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Banpai

Old August 6th, 2019, 05:10 AM
I recently taught a new player how to use it, he had purchased Herolab Online and we were in the middle of creating his character when they had an unexpected downtime, that was not great.
Banpai is offline   #8 Reply With Quote