Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Happydevil43

Old November 25th, 2016, 12:23 AM
Hi all, I am running the Jade Regent adventure path, and I use HL to run my encounters.

I have a file that was created that has a number of encounters in there, one of the encounters is a frostfallen creature, which according to the book is in the Tomb of Horrors.... I have this pack, but every time I try and open the file, I am getting a "critical information not found in data files: Source 'FGG - Tome of Horrors' and I cannot seem to create a Frostfallen creature as the template is not there in the list ?

I have had similar issues before with other creatures, but have always managed to re-create them manually by applying the template.

Any ideas where I can find where this might be failing, or why the Frostfallen template is not showing up ? or how to fix it

Thanks in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg config.jpg (37.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg source error.jpg (27.3 KB, 4 views)
Happydevil43 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old November 25th, 2016, 08:48 AM
The Frostfallen template is NOT in the Tome of Horrors.
It was created for the Jade Regent AP and appears in Book 3, The Hungry Storm, p.84. It is in the Jade Regent AP content in HeroLab.
Silveras is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 25th, 2016, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
The Frostfallen template is NOT in the Tome of Horrors.
It was created for the Jade Regent AP and appears in Book 3, The Hungry Storm, p.84. It is in the Jade Regent AP content in HeroLab.
Actually, though it was defined in jade regent, it is GM content and we didn't do that AP as an encounter library for sale, so at the time we didn't create it. Frostfallen was, however, used during the Giantslayer AP, and we did an AP of that, so the source is Giantslayer GM content.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old November 25th, 2016, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Actually, though it was defined in jade regent, it is GM content and we didn't do that AP as an encounter library for sale, so at the time we didn't create it. Frostfallen was, however, used during the Giantslayer AP, and we did an AP of that, so the source is Giantslayer GM content.
I found it before posting. It is sourced to Jade Regent when I look at it, and I was able to find it by activating the Jade Regent content, not the Giantslayer content. I don't have the Giantslayer encounter libraries.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HeroLab Frostfallen.jpg (225.8 KB, 8 views)
Silveras is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 25th, 2016, 11:35 AM
Sure that's not a version of the template from the community files? The only source I see on our copy is Giantslayer
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 25th, 2016, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Sure that's not a version of the template from the community files? The only source I see on our copy is Giantslayer
It is indeed from the community Pathfinder Pack. In addition the encounter files are available for download HERE.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Happydevil43

Old November 25th, 2016, 02:43 PM
Thanks guys, I finally managed to figure it out...

Turns out, and I am not sure 100% why, that I needed to have the user pack, giantslayer and jade regent all turned on (I thought they were all on, but they keep turning off for some reason...separate issue I think), and also needed mythic adventures as it was giving me a message about Mythic Adventures required.

so looks likes all fixed.

Cheers!
Happydevil43 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old November 25th, 2016, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron
It is indeed from the community Pathfinder Pack. In addition the encounter files are available for download HERE.
I don't know what to tell you. I use the Community Pack, but the only element I had enabled to test this was "ShadowChemosh's Adjustments", as they are the only part in my Defaults.

I started with a blank hero, set the Race to "Herd Animal, Bison", and could not select the Frostfallen template initially.

The attached screen shots show what I see before selecting Jade Regent from the official content (as shown in the config screen shot). The previous screen shot was after selecting that Jade Regent. At that point, it appears, and is only sourced to Jade Regent.

In the Editor, I found one "Frostfallen" template (id: tmufrostfa), and making a copy, the only Source on it is "Jade Regent" (id: PathJadeRe).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Frostafallen HeroLab pre-config.jpg (110.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Frostfallen HeroLab Config.jpg (200.0 KB, 2 views)
Silveras is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 25th, 2016, 07:33 PM
Correct the community Things are source marked to the AP options in the Configure Your Hero. They always have been sense day one. It never seemed worth to create "NEW" options just to allow everyone to see everything that was in the AP.

So yes Frostfallen template is source marked to the Jade Regent AP.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote