Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowWalker

Old November 19th, 2016, 07:27 PM
I'm making a monk and I was wondering how do you denote you are using flurry of blows?

The character has Throw anything, how do you add a range increment of 10 to a weapon and have this show up as an option to select?
ShadowWalker is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowWalker

Old November 19th, 2016, 07:29 PM
I should add the reason for the flurry of blows question is the character has Combat Expertise and the change in BAB affects it.
ShadowWalker is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old November 19th, 2016, 07:44 PM
You can use the "Equipment Set" functionality to configure your choices of weapons, including Unarmed Strikes.

Aside from that, the Unarmed Strike weapon on the Weapons tab already shows the adjusted Flurry of Blows attack values. When you enable Combat Expertise, these values should change to reflect that.

EDIT: There are boxes on the weapon for indicating what weapon is in which hand (1st, 2nd, and Dbl for Unarmed Strike, for example). "Checking" these would be the "enabling" designation.

Last edited by Silveras; November 19th, 2016 at 07:48 PM.
Silveras is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowWalker

Old November 19th, 2016, 08:06 PM
Although there is a checkbox for flurry in the Equipment Sets it doesn't seem to have any impact on what is displayed.
Checking 1st and 2nd for unarmed or unarmed/weapon doesn't enable flurry either, it does two weapon fighting modifiers instead.
ShadowWalker is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 19th, 2016, 08:14 PM
I just tested, and the "Flurry" checkbox on a (core rulebook) Monk 3 changes the attack on his unarmed strike within the equipment set from +2 to +1/+1.

On an unchained monk 3, just adding unarmed strike to an equipment set, it already shows +3/+3, with no Flurry checkbox showing.
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowWalker

Old November 19th, 2016, 08:43 PM
Just noticed the Equipment set shows the attack. I was expecting it to change the display on the Basic tab and Armory tab.

How does the increase in BAB work in conjunction with Combat Expertise?

From what I read on the piazo website for their faq it a 4th level monk using flurry of blows and combat expertise should have a BAB of 4 giving a modifier of -2/+2 from combat expertise. I'm not sure how this works in HL.

http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9o72

that is the faq I am looking at.
ShadowWalker is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 19th, 2016, 08:59 PM
Is it not working? If so, report it as a bug, please.
Mathias is online now   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowWalker

Old November 19th, 2016, 09:11 PM
Combat Expertise does not take into account the increase in BAB flurry gives.

I've put it in as a bug.
ShadowWalker is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old November 20th, 2016, 03:05 PM
You can configure multiple equipment sets, and each one is calculated for the weapon combination.
If you check the box to 'Print Equipment Sets' that goes onto the character sheet (or PDF output).

You can have a dagger listed twice, once as a Ranged Weapon and once as a Melee Weapon.
You can list a Quarterstaff twice, once as a melee weapon and once as a double-weapon.

I've submitted a bug for Weapon + Shield, with the first configuration being Weapon + Off-Hand Shield and the second being Weapon + Shield Bash.
The bug itself was in regards to not retaining AC, despite the Improved Shield Bash feat.
But the attack penalties are calculated correctly.

The only improvement I'd like, would be the option of Power Attack and/or Combat Expertise to be different for a given weapon set.
So I could print one as Two-Hander (with Power Attack) and another as Two-Hander (without Power Attack), and have both values correct on the printed character sheet (one value is currently wrong, since I either have Power Attack checked (or not) within the In-Play tab).
Ualaa is offline   #9 Reply With Quote