Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Happydevil43

Old February 11th, 2015, 01:39 AM
Hi guys,
In the immortal words of...well I cant remember the character form the movies...but HEEEEEELP!

to be honest I'm stumped...I have created a couple of items before, and had no problems.. but my....sigh....beloved DM, has thrown a complete and utter nasty curve ball at me....and come up with a very special weapon, which admittedly is from the depths of his deranged mind..... and this one is way beyond my meager skills.

I have started to create it, and I'm lost. I have managed to work out some of it, but I am lost... the bits I think I have are bolded.
Here are the details of the item:
Name: +2 Lightning Bladed Quarter Staff
Holds 10 Charges
Double weapon (alignment), I'm Lawful Neutral
Special Abilities:
- Lightning Blades Exotic Weapon proficiency – Upon your Telepathic Command (Swift Action) it triggers lightning bolt shaped blades that spring forth from each end (ie switch blade like). You gain automatic proficiency to be able to use the double bladed weapon since it would otherwise be an Exotic Weapon (basically the same base stats as an Orc Double bladed axe
- Damage: 1d8+2 /1d8+2 (critical x 3) (unless out of charges and then its a +1)
- Shocking Burst (ie +1d6 shock weapon and +2d10 shocking burst damage on a critical)
- Stores and allows use of the following Spells (You need to be holding it in at least one hand to activate them):
- Shocking Grasp (1 charge) ,
- Lightning Bolt (2 charges),
- Chain Lightning (3 charges)

- Half Electrical Damage - While holding the weapon in at least one hand (or none if you would otherwise take half … ie if you fail your saving throw half, or if you make it, then no damage)
- Rechargeable once per day (max) – Requires the caster to discharge a Shocking Grasp spell into it once per day while holding onto it. This causes you no damage but has the side effect of a bad hairstyle - makes your hair stand on end for the remainder of the day. At exactly midnight each evening, any remaining charges in the Staff dissipate …and you need to wake it up again with a Shocking Grasp (otherwise it is just a +1 Quarter Staff)
- Communicates Telepathically (but only while you hold it) – It shares your senses to experience the world (ie to see, hear, smell, taste, feel) …although it has its own opinions on whether it enjoys those sensations
- Intelligence: 12 (Languages: Common , Draconic)
- Its nature is friendly (to you at least) but very excitable, and darts off on different tangents all the time – kind of like someone who lives on a diet of coffee, red cordial and speed
- It has an ego of 3
- Its full name is “Sparxalotle ” …but now that you are friends you can activate it by “Sparx”

Appreciate any help here, I would prefer to learn how to do this myself, so tips on how to create the missing bits would be great, but if your feeling nice (ok bored), and you do it for me, I will absolutely gobsmacked (sorry, Aussie slang.....I mean astounded)

Thanks in advance
Andy
Attached Files
File Type: email Lightning Bladed Quarter Staff.user (2.4 KB, 0 views)
Happydevil43 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote