Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

drquiz

Old August 7th, 2006, 12:39 PM
I am currently working on the Armies of Romania lists.
I would like to to have them Listed in the WAB ancient battles as one army.With four varients you can choose from.
Walachian Great hOst
Walachian Small Host
Moldavian Great Host
Moldavian Small Host.
These will all have very similar lists with a few exceptions.
But the Profiles of each army will have different percentages allowed for each type of unit. ie cavalry allies, infantry.
The book divieds each army variant into Character, Small Host, Great Host, Allies.
A Moldavian small host will at least 50% in SmallHost(Cavalry), (up to 15% in GreatHost (Infantry).
Where a Moldavian great Host will have. 35-50 in both Great Host and Small Host.
I could just List four different armies. But that would mean I would have to list multiple armies Like Persians and Hungarians that span different Years. Thus Making the WAB Game too unwieldly.
Any help or points in the right direction will be appreciated.
Thanks tim
drquiz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 7th, 2006, 02:21 PM
If I understand correctly, there are two ways to achieve what you want....

First of all, I'll assume that you define a rule context for your race and define four rulesets corresponding to the different variants you list below. This will allow the user to select the single race and then choose which "flavor" to utilize with his army list. It also allows easy changes after the roster is created.

1. For each profile, you can specify an "Active" tag expression. This tagexpr controls when the profile applies. If you write a separate profile for each of the different circumstances and assign an Active tagexpr to each that also checks the ruleset tags to determine the proper variant, you should be good to go. With four variants and four composition categories, you would end up with 16 profiles.

2. Another method would be to test the ruleset tag within the MinMax script. If you do this, you can have a single profile for the race, but you can assign different values based on which ruleset tag has been defined.

Either of these approaches will work fine. The latter is probably a cleaner solution, with the former a bit more of a "brute force" approach.

Hope this helps,
Rob

At 01:39 PM 8/7/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
I am currently working on the Armies of Romania lists.
I would like to to have them Listed in the WAB ancient battles as one army.With four varients you can choose from.
Walachian Great hOst
Walachian Small Host
Moldavian Great Host
Moldavian Small Host.
These will all have very similar lists with a few exceptions.
But the Profiles of each army will have different percentages allowed for each type of unit. ie cavalry allies, infantry.
The book divieds each army variant into Character, Small Host, Great Host, Allies.
A Moldavian small host will at least 50% in SmallHost(Cavalry), (up to 15% in GreatHost (Infantry).
Where a Moldavian great Host will have. 35-50 in both Great Host and Small Host.
I could just List four different armies. But that would mean I would have to list multiple armies Like Persians and Hungarians that span different Years. Thus Making the WAB Game too unwieldly.
Any help or points in the right direction will be appreciated.
Thanks tim
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
drquiz

Old August 7th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Yes I will try both to see.
Thanks TIm
drquiz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote