Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works in Action
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Asandir

Old October 14th, 2016, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
It's probably the most boring one so far to be honest. I tried to show how i enter a PDF in using a very small adventure but its still going to be long winded. Need to do some actual video editing perhaps to show snippets of the process instead of the start to finish.
Actually I got quite a lot out of it.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
salcor

Old October 20th, 2016, 06:17 PM
daplunk,

I must commend you, your videos are amazing. I was wondering if you could provide some advice, perhaps you can do it in another video. So I am starting to enter in Rifts world information to use with Savage Rifts. The information for the world is spread through out 40+ books. I like how you set up the prefixes based on the information in the modules. How would your recommend doing prefixes for world building based information. Like in your Faerun second, how to you prefix the different cities and nations in the Forgotten Realms?

Salcor
salcor is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old October 20th, 2016, 06:29 PM
Thanks

I've not actually tried to build my own world yet but I can see what you're asking. I'm in the process of fleshing out the map of Faerun actually. Let me have a look at that and see if I can create a useful video.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old October 20th, 2016, 06:33 PM
Actually... i might have a crack at setting up a whole universe and showing how I would set it up. People might find that useful.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old October 20th, 2016, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Actually... i might have a crack at setting up a whole universe and showing how I would set it up. People might find that useful.
Yes. Would like to see your thoughts on it.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old October 21st, 2016, 03:49 PM
Ok spent yesterday putting more of an actual world together. Video can be found HERE.

I found i didn't use alot of Prefix's. My preference would be to use the folder structure instead and use prefix's when you want to sort something in a specific way.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
mazzy

Old October 21st, 2016, 03:53 PM
I purchased Realm Works about 3'ish months ago after I finally dove into the DM chair. Unfortunately, I had a hard time getting started with it though I am a huge fan of all that can be done with it. It was just difficult for me to decide how to get started, I know there were tons of posts saying 'just start inputting' but that just doesn't work for me

Seeing your videos and getting a glimpse of how someone has set theirs up though has helped tremendously! I actually spent some time yesterday evening inputting data from the campaign I'm running and though I'm sure I'll be tweaking how I've organized stuff at least I have taken that critical step forward.

I look forward to watching the rest of the videos you've shared and any new ones you post!!
mazzy is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old October 21st, 2016, 04:12 PM
I was so overwhelmed when i first started. I put it down and left it for a year. It wasn't until Hero Lab support came out that I went back to it. So glad i did! Nothing else i tried came even remotely close.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old October 21st, 2016, 10:57 PM
It's never done. And that's ok. I'm going through a few thousand entries now as I standardize and ensure I have sources identified. Dive in and spend as much or as little time as makes your games enjoyable.
AEIOU is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old October 22nd, 2016, 06:48 AM
Looks like I'm in the same boat as a few of you. Just felt overwhelmed by it all.

So, I decided to take the plunge (thanks to daplunk), and just started taking baby steps.

First by entering NPC's names, and I'm going to build from there.

Dave

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #40 Reply With Quote