Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AndrewD2

Old July 13th, 2015, 01:56 PM
To get it faster than they can currently do it would probably cause the packs to cost 3-4x what they currently cost having to pay things like overtime and such.
AndrewD2 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Mmurphy

Old July 13th, 2015, 02:55 PM
The last time update was:

03-17-15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Unfortunately, there will be a delay. We need all hands working on Pathfinder Unchained, so I won't be able to get back to having Run Faster be my focus until at least May. I'm not sure how long the various pieces will take or what order they'll happen in after I switch back. I'm sorry that I won't be able to get you these pieces sooner.
and

03-26-15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Even if I'm not focusing on it, I'll still spend time on it - I just won't be starting work on one of the Run Faster projects.
I would assume that Pathfinder is the only thing that is truly important as Pathfinder has a monthly update and all other systems take a back seat. I assume it is because most of Lone wolf's money (hero labs) comes from Pathfinder. I just wish they would either let us know or drop the support for the 'other' game systems so we would know the current statues. Currently I am not using Hero labs for Shadowrun because my players want the new 'toys' and I want to use the karma system to build characters. We do it the old fashion way, pen and paper (well, pencil and paper).
Mmurphy is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Namikaze

Old July 13th, 2015, 09:33 PM
You guys do know that we can create our own custom content in Hero Lab, yes? It's hardly as foolproof as the work that Mathias does, but it could help satiate some of the withdrawal that people seem to be experiencing.
Namikaze is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 13th, 2015, 09:50 PM
I've already put some data trails stuff in for my technomancer. And i input anything my group wants that's not in yet (that I can do obviously char gen systems need the str files)
AndrewD2 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old July 15th, 2015, 01:29 PM
Ditto, I have a bunch of items I have created using the editor to fill the gap.
adzling is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Racoon

Old July 18th, 2015, 05:10 AM
Hero Labs support is generally very good, espescially thanks to Mathias' fast response to Bug Reports. I can also understand that they priorize the projects that bring more money and don't set any release dates they can't keep anyway.

And concerning the Run Faster content one has to consider that especially the shapshifter section of the book itself is very unclear, lacks a lot of mechanics and rules and has obvious printing errors. If you look at the lack of errata and clarification from Catalyst in the official forums it is easy to imagine that Lone Wolf has a hard time getting clarifications, too.

What I don't like is the total lack on any estimates or progress updates. While with Pathfinder there seems to be a newsletter and anouncement for even the smallest content, Shadowrun isn't mentioned for months at times. Last news is from March that there won't be any work on shadowrun until May.

As a user there is simply no way to know if and when to expect a new book / update for an existing book. Might be one week or one year. Some life sign once a month along the line of "half of the work done" or "no progress due to ..." or "nearing completion" would be nice. I know that doesn't speed up anything but it helps the users, I guess.
Racoon is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old July 20th, 2015, 03:10 AM
Yeah, I have spent bunch of cash on this and have like 6 or something licensees so my mates can use it on the laptops here when they're over for gaming, and learning that they do not even have a full time staffer on this is massively discouraging and (honestly) I feel like a bit of a chump.

I understand not having stuff like the artificial intelligence creation rules and the like, but at the very least include the guns, the gear, the bio/cyber, and the qualities. I'd dump another bunch of cash on this tomorrow for the stuff out of Data Trails and Chrome Flesh (especially Chrome Flesh).

They've been helpful here on the forum, which is awesome, but tonight I ran into a problem with the Qi Focus and that is a pretty basic/standard part of the system and when I paid the $30 + the extra for the books I ASSUMED I'd have everything I needed for that kind of stuff.

Just worried now is all.
Polecat is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old July 22nd, 2015, 10:56 AM
It would be reasonable to expect an update from the Lonewolf team, considering their previous comment about Srun work starting up again in May some time....

Anyone from Lonewolf listening?
adzling is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 23rd, 2015, 12:36 AM
What do you mean does this cloth smell like chloro...
Aaron is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 23rd, 2015, 12:45 AM
But on a more serious note, of course we are listening. I know Mathias has expressed frustration at the difficulties balancing his time between Shadowrun and pathfinder. The simple truth is that part of the fault lies with me taking a long vacation back in March, and the rest is just the sheer quantity of content we get from paizo. When I can't handle the load or time off puts me behind the curve, Mathias is always willing to lend a hand, but don't doubt that he is eager to get back to Shadowrun.
Aaron is offline   #20 Reply With Quote