Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 8th, 2015, 09:19 AM
We’re thrilled to announce our first Pathfinder Adventure Path for Hero Lab: Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition! Below is the same news we shared on our website (minus the awesome screenshots).

---------

Pre-Order ‘Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition’ for Hero Lab Today!
“Rise of the Runelords”, “Iron Gods”, “Giantslayer”, and the other Pathfinder Adventure Paths are great pre-built campaigns that thousands of Pathfinder players have come to know and love. These six-part, monthly adventures take a party of fresh-faced PCs up to level 15 and beyond, and can be easily adapted to a GM’s home-brew campaign world. In addition to dozens of pages of setting information, each 96-page chapter includes maps of areas to be explored, flavor text that helps bring your adventures to life, and dozens of encounters to challenge your players in combat.

In the past, we’ve been unable to provide these Adventure Path encounters for use in Hero Lab. Well, that’s about to change…

Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition for Hero Lab
Today, you can pre-order the first of our Adventure Path packages for Hero Lab: Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition! With Rise of the Runelords for Hero Lab, you can access all of the encounters from this AP, pre-built and ready for battle. Every encounter is available with just a click of the mouse, including spells, weapons, and special abilities already selected for NPCs. When you use Hero Lab’s integrated Tactical Console to manage your combats, you’ll be able to import each encounter for immediate use at the game table!

Unlike the published Adventure Path, Hero Lab also provides GMs with all of the monster stats, such as Goblins and Zombies, without the hassle of flipping through your Bestiary book or PDF. Best of all, for any encounter using material from a Pathfinder supplement (like the Advanced Players Guide or the Bestiary), that material will automatically be available for you to use within the Adventure Path! For example, if you don’t own the Bestiary package for Hero Lab – don’t worry! You can still use the Skinsaw Man, a deadly Ghast, in an encounter, view all of his Ghast-specific attacks and abilities, or even print out a character sheet to reference at the game table.

Pre-Order Today!
Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition is available to pre-order now for only $24.99! With 200 encounters across the 434-page adventure included in your purchase, that’s just 12¢ each – a bargain for any busy GM. So what are you waiting for? Head over to our website for more information, or to pre-order your copy today!

Future Adventure Paths
Rise of the Runelords will be releasing in late-April, and we’re already planning to release another Adventure Path for Hero Lab in May! We’ll have more updates in the coming weeks, so keep an eye on our Facebook page for more updates, or “follow” us on Twitter or Google+ to be the first to see them!
liz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old April 8th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Stupid Question Liz:

How is this different from the community packs that are available now? Other than not needing other source books?

I'm just confused by this product.
Pollution is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ValaraukarU

Old April 8th, 2015, 09:47 AM
I had the exact question Pollution.

Will the community packs for these APs will still be available on the community site?

Will the product versions include the Paizo art?
ValaraukarU is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 8th, 2015, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollution View Post
Stupid Question Liz:

How is this different from the community packs that are available now? Other than not needing other source books?
The big plus is that you aren't required to have all of add-on packages (like the Advanced Players Guide or Bestiary) to use the NPCs and monsters. We know that not needing all of the supplemental packages is going to be a huge boon for many users.

We also talked with ShadowChemosh, the community member that maintains the community files before moving forward, and he supported our decision for official support.

Last edited by liz; April 8th, 2015 at 10:20 AM.
liz is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 8th, 2015, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValaraukarU View Post
Will the community packs for these APs will still be available on the community site?
Unfortunately, the maintainer of the files is out sick. Please see this post for more info: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...059#post207059

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValaraukarU View Post
Will the product versions include the Paizo art?
Can you clarify what you mean by this? The monsters and NPCs will have the official Paizo art, if that's what you're referring to.

Last edited by liz; April 8th, 2015 at 10:48 AM.
liz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ValaraukarU

Old April 8th, 2015, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
No they will not. The author of the original files indicated that he wanted to take them down once ours were available.
I am disappointed by this. I am the author of one of those community packs. And while Shadow (thanks) has maintained them and reorganized them and authored many of them, a large number of people contributed to that content. For those of us who have the required content those community files are great. Paying for them is less great.

Is there a legal reason why these community files is not longer allowed or simply a mater of maintenance?

Quote:
Can you clarify what you mean by this? The monsters and NPCs will have the official Paizo art, if that's what you're referring to.
Yes this is what I meant. Paizo expressly forbid the NPC and Monster art from appearing in the community packs as a violation of their intellectual property. I specifically requested permission to include them in Curse of the Crimson throne pack, and was denied.

This is actually a very nice advantage to the product files.
ValaraukarU is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Villadelfia

Send a message via Skype™ to Villadelfia

Old April 8th, 2015, 10:14 AM
Quote:
No they will not. The author of the original files indicated that he wanted to take them down once ours were available.
I hope you're joking. I paid a lot of money, several hundreds of euros, in a short period of time to get access to every single first party pathfinder source you offer.

Now you're telling me that, to get access to what boils down to pre-made portfolios with the advantage of not having to own all the sources I'm going to have to pay 25$, even though I own all the sources?

And don't tell me that it's "only 12 cent per encounter". The fact is that the big majority of encounters boil down to 3 of x monster, and those are not the encounters I want to buy. The only reason I would want pre-made portfolios is for the dozen or so hard encounter to rebuild, you know the few monster where you need to wrestle with hero lab because Paizo made a typo etc..

With that in mind it's closer to 2$ per REAL encounter. And that's simply too much.

That said, if you're also planning for a 4.99$ version that DOES require you to own all the packages needed, I will retract whatever I said above. Because 24.99$ is an attractive price for not having to buy 100$ worth of sources, just not when you already own them.
Villadelfia is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ValaraukarU

Old April 8th, 2015, 10:23 AM
Quote:
We also talked with ShadowChemosh, the community member that maintains the community files before moving forward, and he supported our decision for official support.
I am also curious if you are using the community packs as a starting point for the work on products or if you started from scratch on them?
ValaraukarU is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old April 8th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villadelfia View Post
I hope you're joking. I paid a lot of money, several hundreds of euros, in a short period of time to get access to every single first party pathfinder source you offer.

Now you're telling me that, to get access to what boils down to pre-made portfolios with the advantage of not having to own all the sources I'm going to have to pay 25$, even though I own all the sources?

And don't tell me that it's "only 12 cent per encounter". The fact is that the big majority of encounters boil down to 3 of x monster, and those are not the encounters I want to buy. The only reason I would want pre-made portfolios is for the dozen or so hard encounter to rebuild, you know the few monster where you need to wrestle with hero lab because Paizo made a typo etc..

With that in mind it's closer to 2$ per REAL encounter. And that's simply too much.

That said, if you're also planning for a 4.99$ version that DOES require you to own all the packages needed, I will retract whatever I said above. Because 24.99$ is an attractive price for not having to buy 100$ worth of sources, just not when you already own them.
Liz means you do not need those sources for the "encounters" in this product only, but you will still need them for "characters" you or your players created in Herolab.

Ask anyone who hgelped make those community downloads and they will tell you the amount of hours required. $25 is a decent fair price I should think. I am now doing every encounter in my campaign in HL and I can atest the sheer volume of work required.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old April 8th, 2015, 10:27 AM
Quote:
We’re thrilled to announce our first Pathfinder Adventure Path for Hero Lab: Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition! Below is the same news we shared on our website (minus the awesome screenshots).

---------

Pre-Order ‘Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition’ for Hero Lab Today!
“Rise of the Runelords”, “Iron Gods”, “Giantslayer”, and the other Pathfinder Adventure Paths are great pre-built campaigns that thousands of Pathfinder players have come to know and love. These six-part, monthly adventures take a party of fresh-faced PCs up to level 15 and beyond, and can be easily adapted to a GM’s home-brew campaign world. In addition to dozens of pages of setting information, each 96-page chapter includes maps of areas to be explored, flavor text that helps bring your adventures to life, and dozens of encounters to challenge your players in combat.

In the past, we’ve been unable to provide these Adventure Path encounters for use in Hero Lab. Well, that’s about to change…

Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition for Hero Lab
Today, you can pre-order the first of our Adventure Path packages for Hero Lab: Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition! With Rise of the Runelords for Hero Lab, you can access all of the encounters from this AP, pre-built and ready for battle. Every encounter is available with just a click of the mouse, including spells, weapons, and special abilities already selected for NPCs. When you use Hero Lab’s integrated Tactical Console to manage your combats, you’ll be able to import each encounter for immediate use at the game table!

Unlike the published Adventure Path, Hero Lab also provides GMs with all of the monster stats, such as Goblins and Zombies, without the hassle of flipping through your Bestiary book or PDF. Best of all, for any encounter using material from a Pathfinder supplement (like the Advanced Players Guide or the Bestiary), that material will automatically be available for you to use within the Adventure Path! For example, if you don’t own the Bestiary package for Hero Lab – don’t worry! You can still use the Skinsaw Man, a deadly Ghast, in an encounter, view all of his Ghast-specific attacks and abilities, or even print out a character sheet to reference at the game table.

Pre-Order Today!
Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition is available to pre-order now for only $24.99! With 200 encounters across the 434-page adventure included in your purchase, that’s just 12¢ each – a bargain for any busy GM. So what are you waiting for? Head over to our website for more information, or to pre-order your copy today!

Future Adventure Paths
Rise of the Runelords will be releasing in late-April, and we’re already planning to release another Adventure Path for Hero Lab in May! We’ll have more updates in the coming weeks, so keep an eye on our Facebook page for more updates, or “follow” us on Twitter or Google+ to be the first to see them!
About time! I welcome this addition to HL and Pathfinder play using HL.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #10 Reply With Quote