Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Bob G

Old August 8th, 2020, 05:50 PM
I don't know if this is a commonly misunderstood topic, or if I am uncommonly dense, but I'm still having trouble with bootstrapping conditions. I have a non-unique class ability which grants a +2 bonus to saves against poisons. The fourth time it is picked, it grants immunity to poisons. Since I want to count how many times the ability has been added, I figured that the xIndex field is what I want to use as a criterion for my conditional bootstrap. So, when bootstrapping xImmPois, I added the bootstrap condition 'fieldval:xIndex >= 4', with a timing of <First/500>.

xImmPois isn't adding to the hero, and I'm pretty sure it's the bootstrap timing that is the cause. Where did I go wrong?

Projects: Legendary Rogue (Legendary Games) 97.9%, Assassin (Interjection Games) 88%, Fortunate (rebuild of Luckbringer, Rite Publishing) 87.2%, Adept Godling (Super Genius Games) 73.9%, Eldritch Godling (Super Genius Games) 72.9%, Mighty Godling (Super Genius Games) 44.3%, Clever Godling (Super Genius Games) 41.2%, Legendary Cavalier (Legendary Games) 30.9%

Message me for a list of completed projects.
Visit my blog! https://gauntletsofblogrepower.blogspot.com/
Bob G is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 8th, 2020, 09:56 PM
Look in the debug tools - one of the option is to debug field histories - what timings does xIndex change at?

Does this have to be implemented as one ability? Or can it be two of them - the second one of which requires three copies of the first?
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old April 30th, 2021, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Look in the debug tools - one of the option is to debug field histories - what timings does xIndex change at?

Does this have to be implemented as one ability? Or can it be two of them - the second one of which requires three copies of the first?
I could try to make the final effect a separate ability. I could use a tagcount, but I'm not sure which tag I would be counting. Can you point me in the general direction?

Projects: Legendary Rogue (Legendary Games) 97.9%, Assassin (Interjection Games) 88%, Fortunate (rebuild of Luckbringer, Rite Publishing) 87.2%, Adept Godling (Super Genius Games) 73.9%, Eldritch Godling (Super Genius Games) 72.9%, Mighty Godling (Super Genius Games) 44.3%, Clever Godling (Super Genius Games) 41.2%, Legendary Cavalier (Legendary Games) 30.9%

Bob G is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old June 14th, 2021, 02:40 PM
Humble bump in hopes of further assistance.

Bob G is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 14th, 2021, 02:52 PM
Your reply asked about tagcount, but I don't know the context - a tagcount of what?

Also, doesn't the alchemist have something very similar to this? Have you studied how that's implemented?
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old June 20th, 2021, 05:54 PM
I had a look at the alchemist's poison resistances, and tried to implement it for my ability, but since this ability is a custom ability, xIndex and xCount aren't valid fields. Instead, I tried using abValue as the argument to swap resistance for immunity:
<Pre-levels 1000>
Code:
If we're not active, just get out now
    doneif (tagis[Helper.SpcDisable] <> 0)

~ see if a quickfind has been created by another copy
    perform quickfind.setfocus

~ if we didn't find a redirection, we're the first copy of this ability to run this script, so we'll make ourselves the FirstCopy.
    if (state.isfocus = 0) then
      perform quickadd
      perform assign[Helper.FirstCopy]
      ~Add the base value of 2
      field[abValue].value += 2

~ otherwise, redirect hero.child[] to the FirstCopy, and make us an upgrade
    else
      perform focus.redirect
      perform assign[Helper.SpecUp]
      perform assign[Hide.Statblock]
      ~ add +2 to the focus's value
      focus.field[abValue].value += 2
      endif
<Post-levels 10000>
Code:
doneif (tagis[Helper.SpcDisable] <> 0)
    doneif (tagis[Helper.FirstCopy] = 0)

if (field[abValue].value <= 6) then
#situational[hero.child[svAll],signed(field[abValue].value) & " bonus on all saving throws against poison.",field[thingname].text]
else
      ~ If 4 copies are active, that's immunity
      if (field[abValue].value >= 8) then
        ~ We also want to change our special type from resistance to immunity
        perform delete[SpecType.Resist]
        perform assign[SpecType.Immune]

~ Since we're adding the immune to poison special, this ability
        ~ doesn't need to be shown once we're an immunity
        perform assign[Helper.SpecUp]
        endif
     endif
<Render 5000>
Code:
if (field[abValue].value <= 6) then
field[livename].text = field[thingname].text & " +" & field[abValue].value
else
field[livename].text = field[thingname].text & " Immunity to poison"
endif
Everything works until the 4th time the hero selects the ability. Resistance to Poison disappears, but immunity to poison doesn't replace it.

Bob G is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 21st, 2021, 07:36 AM
Please be clear when you begin asking your question whether you're using user-added abilities, or class specials that are bootstrapped - all you said was "class ability", so I thought you meant class specials. The solutions in each case are very different. If this is a custom ability, then you don't need to to worry about bootstrap conditions - you just create two abilities - one of which can be taken 3 times, and another that has a prereq of 3 copies of the first, that can just bootstrap immunity without having to worry about bootstrap conditions.

hero.tagcount[HasAbility.XXXXX] >= 3

should work as the exprreq to let you verify that 3 copies have been added.

A Rogue Talent called Hold Breath is an example of something that can be taken multiple times and increases its value by 2 for each time taken.
Mathias is online now   #7 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old June 23rd, 2021, 10:45 AM
Thanks Mathias, I will try to be more specific in the future.

Bob G is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old June 23rd, 2021, 08:37 PM
I'm sad to report that the following prereq produced an unspecified syntax error

hero.tagcount[HasAbility.cLRgAvPoiRes] >= 3

It appears the syntax is correct, so what else could be the problem?

Bob G is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old June 23rd, 2021, 08:37 PM
Duplicate post

Bob G is offline   #10 Reply With Quote